Individual Galleries

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Is it possible to upload any image file @2mb or under and have the gallery software automatically show it at 1024, then at its full size when clikced on?

Done :lol:

Max size is 400x600, but then once clicked the origional is shown. (This way it fits on almost all screens but can be made larger with a click).

Reaction score
Quality :) this way we dont need to resize images (unless 2mb or larger) to upload them :)

I like what you have done on the main page - possibly put the subscribed post on the bottom (swap with the new gallery posts) perhaps? I think it would look better...

I think the custom subdirectories thing would be great - maybe have the regular gallery for new users then have full all singing all dancing gallery when you get 500 posts or more?

Member specific is far better, i think.

I'll do me some more thinking :p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll give it another couple of days before I make any big changes now, just so I can get feedback from anyone else interested in the gallery - that way I can add things all at once :)

Glad you like the changes so far :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looks like you got it sorted Ian, Nice one. :bow:

I'll upload some of the pics from the weekend when i get home, have been resizing them last night. Oh, by the way the Air Race got cancelled due to high winds and low cloud.....:(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
V_R said:
Oh, by the way the Air Race got cancelled due to high winds and low cloud.....:(

Oh no! Does that mean they have to do it another weekend?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
They said they will issue a full refund, so i guess not....Not had time to check the website yet... I was well p*ssed off though, really really looking forward to it, But we did go back on the Monday to do the safari and boats on ''Half Mile Lake'

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Slightly OT... but could these changes be why suddenly the site won't upload my photos?
Claims they are an "Invalid file type"
But it's exactly the same file type as I've used in all my previous photos (.WTMK.jpg I've always used the 'watermark' program to resize my photos).
I've tried twice now (thought it was just a glitch at first so tried again later) & no go :confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll have a look at this for you now Ciri, although it seems to have worked ok when I've just tested it now. Can you try uploading them without the xxxxxxxx.WTMK.jpg to just xxxxxxxx.jpg as it might be the secondary extension causing it?

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thanks Ian,
I gave it a go & no luck :(

Some great ideas in here by the way :thumb:
Very impressive :nod:
Will be especially good to have something in the side that notifys when a user has uploaded new images :nod:
I didn't find out about VR's piccys until yesturday when i was trying to upload my piccys of Gabby.

As an aside, for some strange reason, earlier when I was checking out VR's photos one of them wouldn't open, but instead a browser page for Talk Talk opened... No idea why, probably just a random.
I'll go back & try again. See if it's opening the photo now & find out which one it was if not.

Nope, no problem at all now :D
Must've just been a random fluke of some sort.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you e-mail the photo over to me and I'll see if I can upload it from this end for you :D

I'll work on implementing some of these ideas tomorrow if I can, and hopefully sort this prob for you :thumb:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thank you Ian :)

I've emailed the piccys over to your PCreview email address.
Fingers crossed :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, I've got them now - I'll give it a go!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a look at it now Ciri and it appears that they aren't actually JPG files, although they have the JPG extension. I've tried opening them in Macromedia Fireworks and it refuses to open them. When you save them in your app, did you pick .jpg from the dropdown box when you save it, or just add .jpg to the end of the filename?

If you could try saving them again as a JPG file and then see if that works :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
No. they came out with the jpg extension :confused:

I'll have a look at the settings on my Watermark program.
I tried to reset them for my paintings to make them png's for the higher picture quality.
But they kept on comming out as jpgs so I figured I'd just done something wrong & couldn't figure out what it was so couldn't fix it. Filed it under 'irrelevant data & promptley forgot about it.
Never occured to me it could be putting the wrong file extension on.
Didn't even know they could do that actually :blush:
I'll try resetting the settings & see what I get.
Thank you Ian :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If it doesn't work, I'll try to convert them for you :thumb:

I'm away till Mon night as I'm away at a wedding (I must have been to 3 in as many months now!), but I'll try to check in before that to see if it works :D

Ask a Question