Individual Galleries

Reaction score
What about individual galleries with increased upload limits and easy access from clicking on a persons user name i.e. like sending a PM ??

Maybe it would get used more often... i dont know - it would just seem easier to view galleries by user instead of catagories...

:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you explain it a bit more I'll see what I can do - storage limits aren't a prob as we have 30GB spare capacity. Do you mean we can access a personal gallery from the dropdown menu?

Reaction score
Yeah that kind of thing - Similar to what other forums (car and photography) I visit have...

Basically my idea was on every post you see the name of the person above the avatar - on the drop down menu you have when you click it could be a link to an individual gallery, i.e. when you click it you get taken to a gallery of photos/screenshots only by that user.

Or there could be a seperate button on every post maybe next to the warning triangle or something...

What is the current size limit for attachments - if that could be increased to 500-700k that would be superb :)

Chris

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you post a link to the other forum and I'll see how they are doing it - if it's possible to do then I'll implement it :thumb:

Reaction score
Their forum software is: Invision Power Board v2.1.6 © 2006 IPS, Inc.

If it yells at you and says you need to be logged in, here is a screenshot:

306netgx8.jpg

http://www.pug306.net/forum/index.p...ery&cmd=user&user=5917&op=view_album&album=51

Attachments

• 306net.JPG
    306net.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah but IPB is a vastly more basic system than vBulletin, although somewhere out there i assume there would be a personal gallery addon for vB, it's just finding one that works.

Reaction score
Powered by: PhotoPost PHP vB3 Enhanced

Obviously only look into it if other people think its a good idea too!

I just think it would mean the gallery would be used more...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I think it would be kinda cool........if it got used..........But i'd use it. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, I'll have a hunt around now and see what I can do - I think it is possible to view member galleries with the current one, I just need to figure out how ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hope you dont mind me saying, but it would be cool if there was a link to the members gallery in the panel on the left of the post (Where the members details, avatar and post count is.)
:)

Reaction score
:) awesome, glad its not just me :)

Is there also any way for a member to create their own folder? i.e. for photos from different dates or personalised catagories?

Just a thought...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try clicking on a username now to get the menu, a link should appear - I'm working on adding a few more things now :)

Edit : I spoke too soon, try in 10 mins ;)

Reaction score
Pretty good!! The link appears but its dead... though thats probably how its meant to be for the time being.

I think V_R meant adding something like (though a reduced size)
attachment.php
linking to the users gallery, and having that image displayed on each post.

I know this is probably pushing it but i had another idea - would there be anyway of having a notification like for a new post that alerts all members when a new photo has been added? That would be really awesome as it would attract loads of people, and would enable people to post loads of photos in the gallery and not in a thread but would still get seen by everyone :)

Chris

Attachments

• camera.JPG
    camera.JPG
    937 bytes · Views: 126

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The link should work ok now :) I'm still playing with things so the gallery may have a few more features in a moment - I'm quite enjoying this coding, I used to add/tweak/break things on PCR all the time but now that it works I've not added much new. I'll keep this thread updated over the next hour or so as things are added.

I'm not sure about the e-mail notifications, as it would be a massive server strain plus some would find it annoying. It may be possible to "subscribe" though, I'll have a look and see if it is do-able.

Reaction score
I didn't mean email notifications, just a way of seeing when you log on - such as the new posts button on the main page, something like a "New Gallery Posts" button perhaps :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Image upload is unlimited for all users now
Max file size is 2MB for all image types
Max image dimensions are 1024x1024 for JPG's

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I didn't mean email notifications, just a way of seeing when you log on - such as the new posts button on the main page, something like a "New Gallery Posts" button perhaps :)
Oh ok :) I'll have a look and see if it is possible.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Image upload is unlimited for all users now
Max file size is 2MB for all image types
Max image dimensions are 1024x1024 for JPG's

Is it possible to upload any image file @2mb or under and have the gallery software automatically show it at 1024, then at its full size when clikced on?

Sorry for all the hundreds of pushy ideas :blush: ... just cogs whirring in my head thinking of cool stuff :user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It is possible for me to make it so that each member has their own "directory" with the ability to make sub-directories. However... if this were to happen it would not co-incide with the existing sections. We could have the general categories at the moment (with changes/additions) or a member based section.

The way things stand at the moment we'll have the best of both worlds, as people can view all of a users image (via the profile, and soon to be icon). Plus, they can browse the generic categories and view all images from people.

Any thoughts?

Ask a Question