Subject: Re: Increase mailbox size?
From: "IslandHopper" <[email protected]>
Sent: 3/18/2004 1:44:05 AM

Sounds like an e-mail Server problem, not Outlook. Talk
to your Server.

Sue

Sounds like your mail admin has mailbox quotas in place -
you will need to talk to them about increasing that.

Laurie

I am not sure what mailbox administrator is. SBC? AOL?
Do you have any idea on what direction to take on this?
It is a stand alone PC not on a network, just local DSL
service.

Down Home

Two days ago you responded to [our] reply:
Brian Tillman had tried to answer this for you two days ago with the reply
to your previous post. I then added more info to his reply. Here they are
again (Please, do NOT respond with a NEW post. Instead, REPLY to this post:
SBC Yahoo! is the hosting service for SBC Internet Services. It is their
mailbox that controls the amount of space you can have for messages.
However, that should be reasonably large (25 Mb). I find it hard to imagine
that every day you receive 25 Mb of mail, unless the messages you're copying
to yourself contain picture files (JPEG, Bitmap, GIF, etc.). Instead of
mailing them to yourself, copy them to a local PST. They won't impact the
server message store then. Also, make sure you delete the messages from
your server when you download.

Very good point Brian. SBC Yahoo! has a filter that keeps messages on the
server that is independant of your Outlook settings for leaving messages. If
messages are being routed/filtered to the Bulk Mail folder, they remain
there and only get emptied ONCE per month. Laura, You need to make sure your
Bulk Mail settings and Yahoo Address book (Friends List) are adequately
supporting your business needs.

Good Luck!