Importing Multiple V-Cards In One Or More Files

S

Stewart Berman

I have a large contact list in Palm Desktop. I want to import them into Outlook 2007. I can export
them all into one .vcf file. Each entry begins with a BEGIN:VCARD line and ends with an END:VCARD
line followed by a blank line.

If I use the Outlook File/Import/Import a VCARD file (vcf Outlook 2007 only brings in the first
entry. If I split the composite file into a separate file for each entry Outlook 2007 will only
allow me to import one file at a time. Since I have almost 1,700 entries this is not practical.

Is there anyway to format the composite VCARD file so Outlook 2007 will process all of the entries?

Note: I could export a csv file but the headings for the phone entries will not be correct. They
would come in as: Phone 1, Phone 2, Phone 3, Phone 4, Phone 5, Phone 6. In some entries Phone 1 is
a work phone, in others it is a home phone. Any of the columns could contain an email address. The
VCARD format associates a type with an entry.

Ask a Question