importing form oe

stratoboom

Hello, All!
hi
i have 2 problems wit outlook 2003

i have imported messages from oe 6
all messages now have "received date" on the day i made the migration...
unfortunaly i have no more original oe file dbx
and i discoverd that it is a bug of outlook (i should export from oe, not
import from outlook....)

now, i have noticed that sent date is right....
how can i correct all messages date using the sent date? i don't know how to
edit properties of messages (consider that i have 2264 messages, how to
make this automatic?) any other suggestion are welcome!

second problem: i have a 2002 pst
when i add this data file, i can't see all folders but only sent, received
and other default folders....
where's the problem?

With best regards, stratoboom. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Brian Tillman

stratoboom said:
i have 2 problems wit outlook 2003

i have imported messages from oe 6
all messages now have "received date" on the day i made the
migration... unfortunaly i have no more original oe file dbx
and i discoverd that it is a bug of outlook (i should export from oe,
not import from outlook....)

You must export from Outlook Express in order to preserve the dates.
now, i have noticed that sent date is right....
how can i correct all messages date using the sent date?

You can't change the date, as far as I know, unless there's a way to do it
with add-in code.
second problem: i have a 2002 pst
when i add this data file, i can't see all folders but only sent,
received and other default folders....
where's the problem?

What folders do you believe are missing? How large is the PST?

stratoboom

Hello, Brian!
You wrote on Sun, 16 Apr 2006 18:23:35 -0400:

BT> You must export from Outlook Express in order to preserve the dates.

this means that i have no way to have right date... : (
i have no more express data.....

BT> You can't change the date, as
BT> far as I know, unless there's a way to
BT> do it with add-in code.

no one knows a plug-in that allows to change messages properties?

have i lost for ever correct received date?
else if i export data from outllok to express, and then export form express?

BT> What folders do you believe are
BT> missing? How large is the PST?

65 mb
8 folders, with differents names.....

stratoboom said:
no one knows a plug-in that allows to change messages properties?

Well, I certainly don't. I imagine you could write VBA code, as I said, but
I'm not an Outlook programmer.
have i lost for ever correct received date?
else if i export data from outllok to express, and then export form
express?

That won't work because the message dates have been changed. Transferring
them back to Express won't change them back because the original information
is gone.
65 mb
8 folders, with differents names.....

65 MB isn't much. I thought maybe a PST size issue, but that doesn't seem
to be the case. I take it, then, that the eight folders are ones you
created yourself and not any of the default folders.