Imap command could not be sent

dmifsud7

help,my provider is cogeco

IMAP is not a valid server name, although it is valid as a protocol. Ask
your
email provider for their instructions for setting up to use their email
servers,
which should include the correct server names. Many people choose their
internet providers as their email providers also, since most internet
accounts
include one or more email accounts. If they haven't written instructions
for
Windows Mail yet, their instructions for Outlook Express should also work
under Windows Mail if they don't call for the HTTP protocol. The
instructions
are probably somewhere on their web site. Or, you could tell us who your
email provider is, and see if anyone here already knows where to find their
instructions.

Gary VanderMolen

And...???

You haven't given us a detailed problem statement, without which we can't help you.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"(e-mail address removed)" wrote in message
help,my provider is cogeco

lja

pcbltd said:
I was trying to set up windows mail for the first time, al was going well
then I got the following message,
Host IMAP cold not be found, please verify that you have entered the server
name correctly.
Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non - network
errors.This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system.

What do I need to do to rectify this? this is all new to me, thanks