and the other is a red x. It's getting worse - any ideas as to why this is
happening. Thanks.

K

K. Orland

You need to provide further details, such as version of Outlook and type of
email account first.

D

DavidH

Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003 both with latest service packs and updates.
Both remote users (pop3,smtp) and those connected directly to the server are
having issues seeing images. Accessing via OWA you can see images fine.

K

K. Orland

Have you enabled the option to download content from the Internet?

Tools>Options>Security>Change Automatic Download Settings

D

DavidH

It would normally prompt me to download pictures, I just changed it to not
prompt, and still no pictures. - some are showing and some aren't, that's
the odd thing. There are two images in my signature file, one will show the
other won't, both show up when viewed in OWA.

D

David Macreavy

I don't have an answer, unfortunately, but I'm having a broadly similar problem (at least, I think so).

Having said that, I'm not part of an organisation and most of the messages I receive that contain graphics come from commercial major companies. For some reason, most of these have started showing the red-crossed place-holders where graphics should be (although, bizarrely, some messages still show graphics correctly). This has only started happening over the last few days and I'm not aware of any changes I have made to the system that could have produced this result.

This problem has started happening even for companies where I had previously received e-mail graphics with no problems and even if the sender is on the "Safe Senders" or "Trusted Zones" list. If the system has shown a message saying that pictures have not been downloaded for my protection, clicking the "Download them anyway" button has failed to produce the missing graphics.

I've tried temporarily disabling my firewall, anti-virus and anti-spam software, as well as changing the security settings in Outlook to "Download pictures". Nothing has worked.

I am also using Outlook 2003, but not Exchange Server. I just have a straight DSL connection through the telephone line to my ISP, from where I collect my e-mail (POP3). I don't know whether it's also affecting outgoing mail, as I don't send out much containing graphics.

In case you need to know, my OS is Windows XP Professional (SP2), browser is Firefox 2 and firewall etc. is Kaspersky Internet Security 7.

I shall be very grateful for any guidance you can give, because I currently have no idea whether this problem has been caused by Outlook, Windows, Firefox, Kaspersky, my ISP or something else!

D

David Macreavy

Sorry, I've realised there's a mistake in the message I've just posted.

I thought that some e-mail messages with graphics were getting through properly. They're not - the things I thought were normal graphics look as though they are, in fact, fancy headers, so perhaps they are handled differently.

D

David Macreavy

Hello again

Just to tell anyone who's interested that, after more than two days of not being able to receive graphics with my e-mail messages, they have now just magically appeared - including those missing from the previous messages. So, if anyone was thinking of replying to my earlier post, it looks as though this will not be necessary, thank you.

I still don't know why the problem happened at all, nor why it has suddenly resolved itself. But at least all now seems to be back to normal again as far as my own problem is concerned ..........

I hope DavidH has had some luck with his original enquiry. If not, I wouldn't want my latest post to suggest that his problem has been solved as well.

R

Rastas

I am having the same problem as David - headers seem ok, some emails with no
graphics and a rare few with graphics. However I am using Vista Home
Premium and Outlook 2007.

Cheers
Robert

S

SFMARKH

Rastas said:
I am having the same problem as David - headers seem ok, some emails with no
graphics and a rare few with graphics. However I am using Vista Home