Do You Like Upload3r

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi,

Basically had an idea over christmas to write my own Image Uploader, sort of thing which ImageShack use etc...

Now my own is custom coded with no advertisements present, which increases the loading time by ten fold.

I talked it over with Ian and he recommended i should post here to try and get the site off the ground, and get it spreading via word of mouth.

The site is free to use and has a 5MB file size limit, which is plenty when uploading images.

I may release another version for files other than images but that'll be another project.

Anyway if you want to give the site a go, and upload a test image, feel free to visit the url below.

http://www.upload3r.com

Many Thanks

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Brilliant Chris...you are destined for big things m8 :bow:

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, will be improving the site dramatically over the next few weeks, the current site is a simple base we laid out to get things off to a good start.

But we have many improvements in store, so keep an eye on it ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I would like to ask if you sufficient security in place to stop anyone uploading files containing any sort of nasties.

Not wishing to counter advertise, but other websites that offer this service have recently come under scrutinization from the security conscious about their ability to sieve out unwanted code.

user.gif

Reaction score
The only protection enforced at the moment is extension checking, however the next version currently in process has mine type checking, so it not only checks the extension, but also checks the header data in the file to determine whether it is what it says it is.

Just also like to add, that the only reason behind the website is currently image uploading, if someone uploads a script, it wont parse on the server, so there will be no harm to end users.

Aswell as that, but we do have a viewer system in place which was finished earlier today, so administrators can thumbnail everything in a folder, and if it refuses to thumbnail we have the right to remove it for not being an image, so we are taking security into out idea, however as i said, this is a base idea, you cant expect a website to be released without ever having to upgrade, add more features as the site progresses, which is what we have done.

But as we're seeing a fair amount of image uploads daily now, we will start putting more security procedures into place in the next script release.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The good news: Nice cool great wow wonderful amazing website

The bad news: the red color is annoying and makes my eyes suffer

Despite that, keep it up!

Reaction score
I shall attempt to change the colours some point this weekend, to a less bright colour.

EDIT: I've tried to use a less bright green colour, i hope that is better for most.

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Great service!

In order to try it out I uploaded an image and it was FAST!

Now I did get a link and the image was displayed sure enough, but, if I want to delete it, how do I do it? It is residing on your server is it not?

Reaction score
As with other image services, such as ImageShack and the like, the images are stored indefinitely.

However if you would like to press for a deletion, that is done on an individual request basis, and can be done do by clicking Contact, and specifying which image you would like to be deleted.

Chris

Ask a Question