Image Formats

G

Whenever I try to insert what I think is an ordinary .gif picture into a FrontPage page, I get an error message telling me that image format is not supported. Any suggestions about how to overcome this
Thanks, Dave.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

File Import the .gif into you FP Site/Web

--

| Whenever I try to insert what I think is an ordinary .gif picture into a FrontPage page, I get an error message telling me that
image format is not supported. Any suggestions about how to overcome this?
| Thanks, Dave.

G

I just upgraded from FP 2002 to FP 2003. I am getting the exact same error that Dave is getting.

When I click "Insert, Picture, From File" and select a jpg or gif (like I have done a zillion times in FP 2002)...except now in FP 2003, I get this error: "This image file format is not supported". I am using the exact same jpg and gif files that I already have saved on my website - so it's not like I am trying to use some strange picture or strange picture format. (Not only are these files already located on my website, but these pictures were already inserted in my webpages by using FP 2002 prior to my upgrade to FP 2003 - but now I am getting the file format error when I try to insert from file in FP 2003

I should just be able to click "Insert, Picture, From File" and it should insert the picture for me

Thanks

DBeckman

----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: ----

File Import the .gif into you FP Site/We

--

http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.as

| Whenever I try to insert what I think is an ordinary .gif picture into a FrontPage page, I get an error message telling me tha
image format is not supported. Any suggestions about how to overcome this
| Thanks, Dave

G

No sooner had I posted my error message, then I discovered something kinda stupid (stupid user)... since I upgraded from FP 2002 to FP 2003, the subdirectory that FP defaulted to for inserting pictures was my local hard drive - not my webpage (where is always defaulted before)... as soon as I changed the directory to my website (duh), I was able to do a regular insert/picture like I've always done..

David Gray ---- Make sure your directory is your website and not your local hard drive, then select your picture off of your website directory

DBeckmann

Ask a Question