Im not sure if this goes here but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Edited becasue apparently i do not belong here!

Ry

Last edited:
Reaction score
You want to hack into another members password on a forum?

Or something along those lines...

Would the mod of this section/super mod please lock this thread i dont have the correct permissions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
You want to hack into another members password on a forum?

Or something along those lines...

Would the mod of this section/super mod please lock this thread i dont have the correct permissions.

You are not welcome here.
Im not welcome here? Why? Did i do something wrong...?

Ry

Reaction score
Are you aware that hacking is illegal and illegal activities are not allowed to be discussed on this site...

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Are you aware that hacking is illegal and illegal activities are not allowed to be discussed on this site...
Are you aware that hacking is not illegal IF you have the persons permission? That is what i was doing. And I posted here, With the intent that maby I could get some help. I was not aware that legal hacking was not to be discussed, Can you not even talk about hacking your own system for security holes? Because that is definately not illegal, And neither is what i was doing.

Ry

Infact, just forget the whole subject. it is not important, i will go elsewhere If needed.

Delete plz.

Reaction score
Aha.

You perhaps need to explain a tad better and state clearly that you have the owners permission - Hacking is generally regarded as an illegal activity, and is a very touchy subject...

Sorry if i misunderstood... but we have to be careful here.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Aha.

You perhaps need to explain a tad better and state clearly that you have the owners permission - Hacking is generally regarded as an illegal activity, and is a very touchy subject...

Sorry if i misunderstood... but we have to be careful here.
Yes, I had the owners full permission to Attempt to hack into HER account, and the database, Exploiting whatever security Holes they may have, and fix them. I was not just posting to figure out how to get someones password, With Malicious intent. I was asked to do this.

Ry

Reaction score
Even if you did receieve the owners permission, we still the issue of people reading this with the intent of using what they have learned in this thread in a malicious manner... as permission or no permission... it would essentially be the same thing, aye?

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Even if you did receieve the owners permission, we still the issue of people reading this with the intent of using what they have learned in this thread in a malicious manner... as permission or no permission... it would essentially be the same thing, aye?
Hmm, True. I did not Take this into consideration. Well I suppose that they could PM me. If they have anything of interest...

Ry

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Language is a fluid thing.

In days of old (in Internet Time) a hacker was a person who studied for possible vulnerabilities in a system and reported the results. A cracker was a term for someone who did bad things to a system once they discovered some vulnerability or came upon the work of a hacker’s results.

Hacker is a knowledge seeker. A cracker is the bad guy seeking to hurt you.

We, who use Linux are called Hackers ... because we get to the nitty gritty of the Kernel. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question