I'm having problems sending e-mail"

Rog913

Account: 'Roger Roa', Server: 'smtp-server.roadrunner.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 relaying mail to fleetwood.com is not allowed', Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Gary VanderMolen

That "relaying" error means you were trying to use RoadRunner's SMTP
server while connected to a different network. Were you using a laptop
away from home?
As a general rule, the owner of the SMTP server must match the
entity providing the Internet connection.

The available workarounds when sending away from home are as follows:

1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser).
2. Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP. I don't think
RoadRunner does. Cable companies are very bad about accommodating travelers.
3. If you use the same away-from-home connection frequently, substitute the SMTP
server belonging to that connection. This is a bit tricky, but if you want to go that route,
I can provide more details.
4. If you frequently send from multiple locations, get a free Gmail account,
configure it for POP access, and use it for your sending chores.
Gmail uses port 465 for SMTP, which is not blocked like port 25 is.

Gary VanderMolen

Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click on
the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without that complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen

You get the server information as well as other settings from your email
service provider. If you need help with that, who is your provider? If you
don't know, give us the part of your email address after the @ symbol.

Leah R.

HERE IS THE EXAMPLE AND FOLLOW IT ACCORDINGLY. YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE RESOLVED.
ANOTHER SURE FIRE WAY IT WILL BE RESOLVED IS KEEP CALLING THE ISP THAT YOU
ARE PAYING FOR AND GET A TIER 3 TECHNICIAN:

EXAMPLE OF HOW TO ENTER THE SMTP IN WINDOWS MAIL:

FIRST GO TO ADD ACCOUNT AND THEN....

you will CHANGE the city and/or state to yours:

EX:

smtp-server.___________.rr.com is the SMTP (OUTGOING MAIL)

LEAH

jaskola1

Hello,

Could you please help me out. I am not able to receive the e-mails. I would
be really thankful for any help. Thank you very much.

Thats my error message:

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'Re: :)', Account:
'pop3.wp.pl', Server: 'smtp.wp.pl', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550
BLAD SPF - zobacz strone / SPF Error: Please see
http://spf.pobox.com/[email protected]&ip=77.103.3.52&receiver=smtp.wp.pl
Jesli jestes uzytkownikiem poczta.wp.pl sprawdz poprawnosc
autoryzacji SMTP / If you are a poczta.wp.pl user check SMTP configuration:
http://poczta.wp.pl/autoryzacja/', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

jaskola1

jaskola1

sorry, I am not able to send :)

Gary VanderMolen said:
Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click on
the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without that complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen

Did you red the information in that URL given in the error message:
http://www.openspf.org/[email protected]&ip=77.103.3.52&receiver=smtp.wp.pl

Basically it is saying that you are sending from an Internet connection
via blueyonder.co.uk while trying to send via smtp.wp.pl. That is not
allowed on port 25, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx
Are you temporarily away from your home ISP?

The workarounds for sending away from your home ISP are:

1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser).
2. Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP. I don't read
Polish, so I can't tell.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Gary VanderMolen said:
Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click on
the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without that complete error message.

Gill

I canot send emails - can anyone point out what I need to do please? Below
is copy of error message when I try to send....

The rejected e-mail address was 'behaviour-problems.freeserve.co.uk'.
Subject 'Re: Training classes', Account: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Server:
'smtp.orangehome.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '504 5.5.2
<behaviour-problems.freeserve.co.uk>: Sender address rejected: need
fully-qualified address', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 504, Error
Number: 0x800CCC78

mac

Gill said:
I canot send emails - can anyone point out what I need to do please? Below
is copy of error message when I try to send....

The rejected e-mail address was 'behaviour-problems.freeserve.co.uk'.
Subject 'Re: Training classes', Account: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Server:
'smtp.orangehome.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '504 5.5.2
<behaviour-problems.freeserve.co.uk>: Sender address rejected: need
fully-qualified address', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 504,
Error
Number: 0x800CCC78

if that is your correct email address; 'behaviour-problems.freeserve.co.uk'

Then in the accounts properties change it to
'(e-mail address removed)'

You have a Period instead of an @, see above.

Gary VanderMolen

You are using Yahoo for receiving, but AOL for sending? Very strange!
AOL is very fussy in that it won't allow you to use a 'From' address
other than @aol.com.
Why not use Yahoo for sending?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"orangecami" wrote in message
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help
solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail"
section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'Carmen',
Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: Access
denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
0x800CCC78
HELP!!!