illusive clipboard viewer

G

recently installed win xp prof. corp. edition but can't enable the clipboard viewer.whenever i proceed as: control panel > add and remove prog > add and remove windows components > accessories & utilities > accessories > subcomponents of accessories, the clipboard viewer is checked, however whenever i go to the start menu > all programs > accessories, it does not appear.

surely there is a way to enable it--pls help

roger

M

Mary Sauer

In the control panel, Administrative Tools, double-click Services, right-click
ClipBook, properties, "Startup type" expand to Automatic. "Service status" click
start.

If you want the viewer available, it is here, create a shortcut and drag it to your
desktop.
C:\WINNT\system32
It is called "clipbrd"

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
zigzag said:
recently installed win xp prof. corp. edition but can't enable the clipboard
viewer.whenever i proceed as: control panel > add and remove prog > add and remove
windows components > accessories & utilities > accessories > subcomponents of
accessories, the clipboard viewer is checked, however whenever i go to the start menu

E

Edward W. Thompson

Thanks Mary. You'd think after all this time someone in MS would have
gotten round to fixing this.

T

Tom

Keep in mind, that it isn't necessary to have that turned on in Sevices to have the clipboard open. Simply click start/run, then type CLIPBRD and hit ok will give you that exe.

G

thanks mary, i'm almost home. after clicking start on "service status", i don't know where to go from there to create shortcut. I didn't see anything to rt. click on to create shortcut from.
zigzag

G

tom, thanks. I can open the clipboard viewer as you suggested but is there a way to create a shortcut. mary's instructions weren't very clear on just how to create the shortcut.
thanx
zigzag

Ask a Question