Windows XP Illegal system dll relocation

Reaction score
I have a HP a1430n with xp. When I start computer up a window displays the following message

RTHDCPL.EXE Illegal system DLL relocation
system DLL user 32 dll was relocated
C:\WINDOWS\System 32\HHCTRL.OCX

What does this mean? Any help?

Reaction score
muckshifter , that worked thank you. People kept telling me to puchase reg cleaner. How do you feel about regcare and Xoft?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
renchr01 said:
muckshifter , that worked thank you. People kept telling me to purchase reg cleaner. How do you feel about regcare and Xoft?
Are you advertising, or askin a question ?

Just kidding ... ;)

I do a lot of "testing" of recognised programs ... I have very strong opinions of "security" software and I am very skeptic of programs that "claim" to "fix" windows errors in the registry ... I usually do that myself, but then I like to think I know what I'm doing.

I have heard of Xoft Spy and it has been de-listed from the anti-spyware rouge list ... sorry, I ain't gonna "test" it out. As for regcare, never heard of it.

Here is one I have tested out ... RegSupreme it is a better reg-cleaner than CrapCleaner, but you only need to run it once every 6 months. There are thousands of entries in the Registry ... these cleaners may find a few that need "fixing" in their eyes.

I have yet to find ANY evidence that these reg-cleaners "speed-up" or "enhance" your system ... bullocks, show me proof. :p

Be very aware, a badly-designed programs can feck-up your system. :D

Ask a Question