iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 - HELP please?

Reaction score
Hi there guys, well i just recieved my brand new Iiyama VM Pro 454 through the post today and all seems well apart from a couple of things and i am not sure if they are normal and i was wondering if anyone could help me out?

1) the desktop goes a little blurry at high refresh rates

2) the monitor makes a very quiet beeping noise (it sounds like a police car siren - like 2 tones but one after the other) in a non co-ordinated fashion. like beeeeep beep beeep beeeeeep beeep beeep...so on so forth. You cant hear this while playing music or anything and its not the onboard speakers. there are no signs that anything is wrong - im using the monitor now and its OK

Just wonering what you guys think....

please reply :)

Thanks, Chris

Reaction score
Aha! well it seems that i have figured out the noise problem...its the USB hub! thats a shame, i was hoping to use it but i guess i don't want to if it makes an annoying noise.

Ah well, anyone got the same problem?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats really strange Chris, sounds like some sort of interference! Does it happen when you plug anything in to it?

It could be faulty if it always does that!

As for the high refresh rate problem, does it happen at all resolutions? Also, how high are you setting it? (over 120Hz?)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Iiyama do a replace for new service to your home under their warranty, for three years I believe.

If you have any doubts at all, contact Iiyama and have it replaced under warranty.

I had an Iiyama 19" Monitor (Can't remember the model number, but it was the cheap one) that suffered frame collapse when it was 15 months old, Iiyama replaced it at home within 48 hours.

I also have an Iiyama Pro 454 & Pro 514, neither of which suffer from the problems you've described.

Reaction score
The hub problem - well when anything is plugged into it it makes the noise but is fine when nothing is plugged in.

the blurry problem is quite hard to detect but its a very small area in the top left side and its all resolutions (have only used those above 1280x1024) and refresh rates above 75Hz. Its just distorted enough to make you think something isnt quite right. it may even be flickering or something in the area - im sure you know the kind of thing i mean?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have you tried degaussing it?

It's in the Monitor onscreen menu. Do that and see if the problem persists.

Is the USB hub noise coming from the monitor (not the computer)? And does it make a noise when it's connected to the computer or just when a device is plugged into one of the four ports? And what exactly are you plugging into it?

Whatever, it should not be making that noise. I use the USB hub on my 454 for connecting a digital camera, a gamepad, joystick & headphones. No noise at all.

Reaction score
Have degaussed it 2 times. I have had a wireless keyboard and mouse reciever, joystick and a regular optical mouse plugged into it on seperate occasions in the day and all have made the monitor create this somewhat suspicious sound!

HMMM just found something out... i unplug everything from the USB hub the noise SEEMED to stop but if i put my ear up close its still there just not hearable from 1 or 2 feet away. When i plug anything into the hub, the noise is amplified thus making it loud enough to hear and get on my nerves.

Hmmm. Sounds like the noise is coming from around where the built in speakers are but the noise is still there even when the speakers are completely unplugged from the pc and there is no audio jack into the back of the display.

i dont know...faulty monitor? worth having iiyama replace it?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
i dont know...faulty monitor? worth having iiyama replace it?
Well, sad to say, as you have two distinct faults, I'd have it replaced.

Iiyama customer service telephone number: 01438 314 416

Iiyama UK Web Site

I found Iiyama to be very helpful and efficient when I had my Monitor replaced.

It may be a pain, but I've a feeling you'll regret it if you don't do it.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Ok then, thanks very much for all your help, i really appreciate it but one more question...how does iiyama one site warranty work?

courier bring new unit and take old one away at same time or what?

thanks, chris

Reaction score
Having read the iiyama warranty page, it says that i have to retain manuals etc as my replacemnet unit will not contain them. Will my replacement unit still be brand new?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Brand new? Mine was, but I'd have a good look at it before you exchange and sign, just to make sure.

And yes, all they swap is the main unit, they don't even leave the box, everything that came with yours, you keep. But the guy who calls with the replacement will explain all that anyway.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just missed post # 9, so yes, that's how it works, they'll give you a delivery day, he'll bring the new one in a box, take that out and leave it with you, and put your faulty one in the box and take it with him (or her).

When you speak to Iiyama, all they'll ask you for is the serial number and the name of the supplier, as I remember.

Reaction score
Hey there...have contacted iiyama and the engineer is ringing back shortly to arrange a replacement. Just wanted to say thanks floppybootstomp for helping me out in my predicament :) your a quality guy.
Cheers, Chris

Reaction score
haha having looked for the serial to give to customer services i found the date of manufacture. its a year and 3 months old already!!! blimey.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Blimey indeed. It's a possibility your supplier may have sent you a Monitor somebody else returned.

Possibly for the same faults you've described. Who did you buy it from?

Reaction score
best of asking iiyama that one chris.

let us know how you get on!

i would say though that it's a bit coincidental that there's distortion on the screen and also sound distortion fron the hub, you sure that there's nothing interfering? you mentioned that you were using wireless equipment, try moving every thing away from the monitor and see if it's still the same. last thing you want is a replacement monitor thats the same!

James

Reaction score
well the problem is only on this monitor - didnt happen on my old one. the screen was fine. the wireless reciever is a good 1 and a half metres from the monitor so i figured it would be far enough

Reaction score
your old monitor is irrelavant, this monitor may display at a slightly different frequency, i'd still try moving everything further away.

Ask a Question