Iiyama vision master pro 454, blurry?

Reaction score
Hi, I am about to invest in a new monitor and for the price range I am looking at I have been reccomend the`Iiyama vision master pro 454`.

Before buying I have been looking around on the net and found at least one person not satisfied with the monitors quality (tho the overwhelming consensus seems to be that it is a great monitor). The complaint was of blurriness of text at high refresh rates.

Just to double check with people here (after doing a search and seeing that some here have experience with these monitors) is this true and if so is that just the nature of high refresh rates or did this (customer) reviewer possibly have a faulty monitor.

Any help much appreciated. Cheers

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The complaint was of blurriness of text at high refresh rates
I see one spec' sheet quoting a Maximum resolution of 1800 x 1440 @ 85hz and another quoting 1920 x 1440 @ 85 Hz :confused:

However, 17 & 19" monitors are better run at a resolution 1024 x 768 ... I would be tempted to run a 19" @ 1280 x 720 but no further, and I would still expect it to operate at, at least 85hz

I can highly recomend the Iiyama's using the DiamondTron tubes. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I see one spec' sheet quoting a Maximum resolution of 1800 x 1440 @ 85hz and another quoting 1920 x 1440 @ 85 Hz :confused:

However, 17 & 19" monitors are better run at a resolution 1024 x 768 ... I would be tempted to run a 19" @ 1280 x 720 but no further, and I would still expect it to operate at, at least 85hz

I can highly recomend the Iiyama's using the DiamondTron tubes. ;)
I can second that, as I'm running a DiamondTron tube now and it is far superiour than most CRT monitors. I still miss my TFT monitor, but this is far better for games (and is bigger!).

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the replies and advice, sounds like it was not a very accurate review.

Ask a Question