Anyone want a iiyama VM Pro 454?

Reaction score
Vision Master Pro 454 - 4 months old, FOR SALE, under £200

Hey all.

Been thinking about stuff lately. I don't play games so much as i used to any more and have come to the conclusion i no longer need a 19" CRT and would like a 17" TFT to save space and to match my computer.

I have a less than 6 month old 19" iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 (the latest "B" revision - full model number is HM903DTB)

Features:

Dual computer input (plug 2 PC's into the monitor and you can switch between them with a button)

4 port powered USB hub

stereo speakers built in to the base of the monitor

OPQ controls for preset settings for Text, Picture and Movie modes

Completely flat screen with 0.24mm pitch

The top of the range Diamondtron U2 - CRT Tube

250nit high brightness setting
454pro.jpg

Supplied with all manuals, cables, power lead. everything. Still under iiyama excellent 3 year on site warranty (if it breaks they collect it and supply you with a BRAND NEW one the next day) - I'm pretty sure i still even have the box!

Capable of resolutions that are up in the 2000's and refresh rates that can not be rivalled by other models (1280x1024 runs nice at refresh rates at above 100Hz which is well over the flicker free limit or even 1600x1200 @ 100Hz ) Max resolution is 2048x1536 !!!

I live in hampshire (near Guildford, Farnham, Alton, Farnbourough, Aldershot, not too far from Portsmouth... That area!) if collection is feasable, shipping costs are not too much at all as i just found out. I may agree to go half/half with buyer, if the price is good.

Anyway... £199.99 ? I think thats reasonable. Retails for about £250 and this one is still under warranty - you get a new one free from iiyama if this one breaks.

It's in mint condish, absolutely perfect. Not a scratch.

Regards,
Chris.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
When I saw the thread title I thought you were giving it away :D

I've got one of them thar monitors, and also a Pro 514 CRT. I like Iiyama.

You don't get any interest, you may have to re-consider the pricing. In my opinion.

Reaction score
Lol... fraid not Flops... couldn't afford that...

I don't think it's such a bad price at all - boxed, all cables and manuals etc, and the 3 year on site swap out warramty, pretty much brand new!!

but yeah, i like it too - the colours are awesome and it is a superb screen for the price. If i was to put it in a box and tape it up, i doubt you could tell that it had ever been used it's in such good condish.

I am, of course, willing to consider any offers.

Reaction score
£100 is £126 off eBuyer price... and £145 off of OCUK price - its in mint condition!

I can not afford to sell it for a mere hundred pounds. Sorry man.

Edit: I really do think that an offer of £100 was unreasonable. There are older A versions of this display that are no longer in warranty going on eBay already at £100 mark with over 2 days left and with numerous bidders. If such a monitor can be sold for at least £100 then i would consider this particular one to be worth a considerably larger amount of money. You would, in effect, be buying a brand new monitor, if it was to go wrong in 2006, iiyama would ship you a brand spanking new one, or if it is discontinued, they promise to give you a BETTER one! can't go wrong there. I have read the terms and conditions of the warranty it is stated that the 3 year swap out on site warranty is FULLY TRANSFERABLE.

Edit 2: Shipping isn't as much as i thought it would be so i can now ship it anywhere in the UK via next day courier. I may subsidise the courier costs if an acceptable price is met, should that ever happen. The full price to ship this monitor inc. VAT is £19.00 collect and deliver next day by 5:30pm. I'm sure i can come to a nice arrangement with any people who are interested.

Sorry James.

Last edited:
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I can not afford to sell it for a mere hundred pounds. Sorry man.
What about Dollors?.. 100 Dollors..lol..
Nice monitor Chris but i'm going for a flat screen to save space too.. sorry.. why not put it in the bargin section then maybe some passing soul may drop you an offer

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, fact is, CRT Monitors are no longer flavour of the month, everybody and his dog seems to want a TFT, which in fact is the reason you're selling it.

It may be worth £200.00 looked at objectively but ask yourself, would you pay, say, £300.00 for a TFT monitor that cost £350.00 new? Same sort of comparison. Despite the transferable warranty and excellent condition.

It's a buyer's market, I'm afraid, for a CRT Monitor.

If I were selling mine, I'd ask for £150.00, shipping to be negotiated. And mine has 18 months warranty left on it.

Sorry, but to my mind, that's the reality of the situation as I see it.

Now, as I've probably completely ruined your chances of you getting 200 smackers for it from this thread by posting this (sorry, but being honest :( ), I'd suggest offering it for sale in the Bargain Section as Spooky suggested.

Good luck, I really hope you get £200.00 for it, but I'd gamble you won't.

Reaction score
Spooky Mouse said:
What about Dollors?.. 100 Dollors..lol..
Nice monitor Chris but i'm going for a flat screen to save space too.. sorry.. why not put it in the bargin section then maybe some passing soul may drop you an offer

if u put in in the bargain section it will not be a bargain at £199!!

so think wisely my friend @)

Reaction score
no - thats an older 2002 model ("A" revision) , mines made well into 2004 ("B" revision, higher brightness) and look how much money that fetched!

Ask a Question