IIS installable on XP Home Edition ?

Fred Zimmerman

Can I install IIS (Internet Info Server) v6.0 on
Win XP Home Edition?

I just bought laptop with XP Home, and installed
VS.NET. I want to do ASP.NET development which
will entail installing SQL Server 2000 Dev Edition,
and IIS 6.

F.Z. Boston MA

Carey Frisch [MVP]

IIS v6.0 is only available with the Windows Server 2003
operating systems. This version cannot be installed in either
Windows XP Home or Windows XP Pro. XP Pro includes
IIS v5.1 and cannot be upgraded to IIS v6.0. No version of
IIS can be installed in Windows XP Home Edition.

What's New in Internet Information Services 6.0
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/technologies/iis.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP