iexplore.exe

Reaction score
Re iexplore.exe. Hi all can anyone help me? I am having probs running games such as BF2. This game has worked OK for over a year but now if I have iexpore.exe running in the background it will not run. As soon as I close down this process in Windows Task Manager Processes the game will boot and run properley. Can anyone offer any help. Many thanks

Malcolm

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Iexplore.exe is internet explorer......Why do you need it open while playing games?

What happens if you close it before you play the game?

Whats the pc spec?

Reaction score
Reply to V_R Moderator

The process I am talking about is not Iexplore.exe but iexplore.exe. I do not open it is is already runnung in the background on my machine it is in windows task manager processes. If i close it in windows task manage rprocesses all is OK with game. I have a late spec P4 3.0 with 1024 ram, 128 Ati 9800 card and plenty of drive space. All was OK then one day i went to use the game and it would not run. Customer support got me to close down nearly all things running in the background which I did and all was OK. By a process of elimination I found it was iexplore.exe that was causing the failure. I see lots of references to iexplore.exe being a Trojan but I cant find a way to stop it running .Thank you for your help.
Malcolm

Reaction score
Mal D Collins said:
The process I am talking about is not Iexplore.exe but iexplore.exe. /QUOTE]

IEXPLORE.EXE or iexplore.exe or even Iexplore.exe are all one & the same application: Internet Explorer.

In Windows Explorer go to Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe. Before the filename you should see the Internet Explorer icon. Double click the filename & Internet Explorer will open.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If you do not have Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) open, then you should not see it in CAD

There are many, many Trojans & Worms that will call themselves iexplorer.exe so they can bypass your firewall and other security programs.

Either do not use Internet Explorer while playing games or Run an on-line virus scan.

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/startup/iexplore.exe.php

user.gif

Reaction score
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/iexplorer/

WinTasks Process Library
iexplorer - iexplorer.exe - Process Information

Process File: iexplorer or iexplorer.exe
Process Name: AdClicker parasite

Run a Free System Scan for iexplorer.exe Related Errors

Description:
iexplorer.exe is a process belonging to the AdClicker advertising program. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

Ask a Question