Windows XP IE7 Beta2 Preview

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
For the daring among you ...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx

... been seeing reports that you cannot move/rearrange the toolbars :rolleyes: so ... try this 'fix' ...

Bringing the Menus to the Top in IE7
In the IE7 Beta 2 Preview the UI element that hosts menus and 3rd party toolbars is located between the navigation bar and tabs. However, in this release there's a registry key which you can set to move this to the top of the window instead:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"ITBar7Position"=dword:00000001
You can also turn off the menu auto-hide functionality by checking Tools -> Toolbars -> Classic Menus from the Command Bar.

Disclaimer: This is not an official feature at this time and may not be available in the future.

One minor request: If you think you want to use this key please try it both ways with your toolbars and menus configured how you like them, especially if you use the Links bar and 3rd party toolbars. Also, yes I'm very aware that some people who previously did heavy toolbar customization in IE6 have concerns about the customizability of IE7. I hope this will help a bit, but if you just came here to flame please make it constructive. That will maximize your chances of getting heard.

... I also read that MS may not "fix" this for the final release. :confused: :rolleyes:
laughingsmiley.gif

I don't use IE so don't ask me. :p

Reaction score
cheers

Good to see someone who does not use IE is suggesting the rest of us try it instead!:rolleyes:
No way i am, but there may be a new thread starting with those who have:eek:
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
oh good new software

new software from microsoft = bugs, bugs, patch's & BSOD! :eek: :lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I have been using IE7 since the BETA 1 was first released.

Will install BETA 2 now
There we go ... one happy "I don't care" customer.

:thumb:

Reaction score
respect

Youngsters of today are so gun-ho and we should respect them
laughingsmiley.gif
, cos they are going to find the faults:eek: before we install it on out pc's:rolleyes: and microsoft release a patch to solve the problems:p and then we get the product that works fine:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
No problems here lol

I Was using BETA 1 fine - much better than the old one TABS PEOPLE, TABS

with none of this "do you want bla blabla to be your default browser" crap you get when you use like Opera or something :)

Reaction score
respect

well it's good that you are happy to try something new and for that you do have my respect. may be after using microsoft for so long i just feel that until it goes mainstream and all the bugs & patchs work i shall stay clear of it:thumb:

Reaction score
plane spotting

Tabs? "TAB" That was a drink in the 1970's never caught on, a bit like space dust that melted in you mouth??:confused: I'm off for some valium:D

[Firefox = film staring clint eastwood, he got to nick a ruskie plane, are you a plane spotter then, muckshifter:rolleyes: ]

Last edited:
Reaction score
i like Firefox best - since downloading it I wouldnt go back to IE - too many friggin popups for a start and i dont care if you have a popup blocker, they dont bl**dy work!!! and sometimes when u download stuff, you don't know for the life of you where its gone(or maybe thats just me!)

however - i caved and downloaded IE7 beta 1 to see if i noticed any obvious improvements - nope! apart from tabs of course.

i guess i'm just a popup hater :D

Reaction score
i dont get **any** popups and i only use the standard IE blocker...

You sure you dont have some kind of an adware or something

Ask a Question