IE6 Won't let me See Graphics

JCO

The dialog comes up asking if I want to do the "Repair" option or "Revert to
an earlier Version".
No matter which one I selected, the dialog would just go away with out doing
anything.

JCO

The file has been sent
Thanks

Vincent Xu said:
Hi JCO,

I suggest you collect some system information using Microsoft Configuration
Capture Utility , and please send the CAB (Zip) file to me.

Please download the tool:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/b/1/bb139fcb-4aac-4fe5-a579-30b0bd9
15706/MPSRPT_SETUPPerf.EXE

For more information and overview, please refer to link below:

KB818742 Overview of the Microsoft Configuration Capture Utility
(MPS_REPORTS)

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=818742

Note: The CAB file will be generated for your convenience in the
%systemroot%\MPSReports\Setup\Report\Cab directory called
%COMPUTERNAME%_MPSReports_.CAB. The CAB file will contain the reports
generated by the MPS Reporting Tool. If the CAB file isn't produced, please
compress all of the result files under %systemroot%\MPSReport\Setup\Report
as a Zip file. (Note: %systemroot% is the folder where you install Windows.)

Please send me the CAB file via the email : (e-mail address removed)

Hope I can find something in the CAB file.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

--------------------<srx#[email protected]> <4yIcg.5563$qn2.4539@trnddc04>
<[email protected]> <g33dg.6006$oa3.2006@trnddc08>
<[email protected]> <%FHdg.31$xO5.9@trnddc03>
<O#[email protected]> <Tw%dg.2232$As2.1187@trnddc02>
<[email protected]> <j3Oeg.2208$hv1.543@trnddc01>
TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!newsfeed00..sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!cyclone1.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc02.POSTED!38b confers becasue

Robert Aldwinckle

The dialog comes up asking if I want to do the "Repair" option or "Revert to
an earlier Version".
No matter which one I selected, the dialog would just go away with out doing
anything.

Sorry. I should have anticipated something like that
(though usually when they go wrong you do get an error window.)

In that case look for any *log.txt files they would have created.
There could be clues in them about why nothing is happening.

Also, most of the suggestions you have been given involve
various amounts of .dll re-registration. In fact, that is essentially
what an IE Repair is, a mass re-registration of key .dlls done
at boot time with no other interfering processes.

In XP this useful feature was removed (IMO for no good reason)
and in XPsp2 an attempt was made to provide an inferior replacement.
E.g. the implementation of it by design did not have the original repair's
useful property of having the re-registrations done during a boot
and it was botched anyway. Now in IE7 we discover that the whole
thing will be removed again... <sigh/>

Instead German MVP Kai Schaetzl has prepared a cmd file
which would allow XPsp2 users to mostly simulate a better version
of the /rereg switch's ieuinit.inf repair script.

I'm not sure if he has modified it for IE7 use completely
or how well it will work with other version of IE. I don't think it would hurt
to try it in any case. E.g. if a module is referenced which doesn't
exist on a user's machine the cmd file would essentially ignore
that fact.

http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=24&id=31&artlang=en

The effect of doing this would be to give you the extra .dll registrations
of a full IE Repair even though something seems to be broken with
your UI. The most significant things which have been missing in the
suggestions so far IMO is the lack of use of the regsvr32.exe /i switch
where appropriate. That is an example of what both a full IE Repair
and Kai's cmd file can provide.

I hestitate to suggest you try it though because it may interfere with
Vincent's diagnosis. Also, since the second main feature of the
IE Repair is a preliminary validation of the modules to be used
by the repair step and since it is quite possible that the set of
modules that you have is somehow not valid, I don't know how
serious bypassing that step would be. A tacit assumption
of the cmd file is obviously that all the right modules are present.

However, if you get desperate for something to try,
e.g. if the next step you are planning is a complete reinstall
of windows you should keep this option in mind.

FYI

Robert
---

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi JCO,

Thanks for sending me the report. I'll take time to research.

Meanwhile, please help me confirm following informatin:

1. Have you tried other third-party Internet Browser?
2. Have you tried the tool in below link?

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

3. I checked Robert's link: It is a more detailed IE related DLL files
re-register. You can try it first.

4. Please check system protected file:

Run
sfc/purgecache
sfc/scannow

in command prompt.

Let me know the results. Thanks.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

--------------------<srx#[email protected]> <4yIcg.5563$qn2.4539@trnddc04>
<[email protected]> <g33dg.6006$oa3.2006@trnddc08>
<[email protected]> <%FHdg.31$xO5.9@trnddc03>
<O#[email protected]> <Tw%dg.2232$As2.1187@trnddc02>
<[email protected]> <j3Oeg.2208$hv1.543@trnddc01>
<[email protected]> <VnYeg.6112$%C6.5112@trnddc08>

JCO

I've tried FireFox and it work just fine.
Yes I tried the IEFix. It did NOT work.
Yes I ran SFC. This did not work either.

Looks like we have stumper here don't we.

JCO

Thanks for the information:
I don't see any log files that were created that gives any clues. I search
my entire system for logs including those that Hidden. I could send you a
list if you wish. You would have to give me your personal email account for
this list. Then if you see something worth digging into, I could send you
that file.

Your call.

Robert Aldwinckle

Thanks for the information:
I don't see any log files that were created that gives any clues. I search
my entire system for logs including those that Hidden.

That leading asterisk is important. Did you use it? Did you at least
search the \Windows directory and all its subdirectories? (E.g. there
may be a search subfolders option you would have to check.

Another way to find any files being updated by a process
is to search for files which were modified on a given day
and then sort the resulting list by Date Modified
because in fact that field is a timestamp not just a date stamp.
So then you could scroll to the interval when you ran the install
and see what files might be associated with it.
Do a similar check for files changed by the IE Repair.

BTW did you download and try Kai's cmd file?

Robert
---

JCO

Yes I used the wild card to find the log files and it was set to find hidded
files/folders.
I search the entire drive and looked at all log files.
Yes I did sort on the day in question. There was no log file created.

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi JCO,

Based on my experience, I would like to suggest you remove

Adobe 7 Professional (with 7.05 upgrade)
Roxio 8.0 (with 8.5 upgrade added)
NortonSystemWorks 2005 Pro

temporarily. Expecially Adobe&Norton. I have seen lot of problems were
caused by Adobe&Norton without any clues.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

--------------------<srx#[email protected]> <4yIcg.5563$qn2.4539@trnddc04>
<[email protected]> <g33dg.6006$oa3.2006@trnddc08>
<[email protected]> <%FHdg.31$xO5.9@trnddc03>
<O#[email protected]> <Tw%dg.2232$As2.1187@trnddc02>
<[email protected]> <j3Oeg.2208$hv1.543@trnddc01>
<[email protected]> <VnYeg.6112$%C6.5112@trnddc08>
<[email protected]> <bgofg.44971$As2.5166@trnddc02>

Robert Aldwinckle

Only one question answered per post?

Pulling teeth... ; ]

Another question/suggestion may follow... ; }

---

JCO

I will do this on my test machine (since this is happening on 2-different
harddrives, w2k and XP). I will let you know, but it will take a day or two
before I get back to this.

The weird thing is that the same software is on my home computer (W2K-Pro)
and it works fine. I think it has ALSO something to do with what order
certain software is put on the computer and what patches are already on IE6.

Let you know soon.

JCO

I search the entire computer with wild cards and hidden files looking
specifically for log files on the date we talked about.

Yes I downloaded and installed the Kai's cmd file but it did nothing to
help.

Robert Aldwinckle said:

Only one question answered per post?

Pulling teeth... ; ]

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi JCO,

Thanks for your reply.

Feel free to let me know if you have any updates, I'm always standing by
and looking forward to your reply.

<[email protected]> <V_Ffg.14747$xO5.12782@trnddc03>
Subject: Re: IE6 Won't let me See Graphics

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
<srx#[email protected]> <4yIcg.5563$qn2.4539@trnddc04>
<[email protected]> <g33dg.6006$oa3.2006@trnddc08>
<[email protected]> <%FHdg.31$xO5.9@trnddc03>
<O#[email protected]> <Tw%dg.2232$As2.1187@trnddc02>
<[email protected]> <j3Oeg.2208$hv1.543@trnddc01>
<[email protected]> <VnYeg.6112$%C6.5112@trnddc08>
<[email protected]> <bgofg.44971$As2.5166@trnddc02>
<[email protected]>
<b2p#[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 00:28:22 GMT

What's really wierd is that I'm trying to reinstall all my
"developmental"
software on another drive. If all works, I will just start using xp-pro.

However; during the installation of a certain software, the same problem
is
now happening with WindowsXP-Pro as it did on my W2K-Pro. Both of these
are
on different harddrives.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the but seems like it could be
one of the followings:
Adobe 7 Professional (with 7.05 upgrade)
Roxio 8.0 (with 8.5 upgrade added)
NortonSystemWorks 2005 Pro
Microsoft Office 2003

It had to happen during the install of one of these software packages.
Hope
this helps. Let me know if it does.

Thanks again

Hi JCO,

Thanks for sending me the report. I'll take time to research.

Meanwhile, please help me confirm following informatin:

1. Have you tried other third-party Internet Browser?
2. Have you tried the tool in below link?

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

3. I checked Robert's link: It is a more detailed IE related DLL files
re-register. You can try it first.

4. Please check system protected file:

Run
sfc/purgecache
sfc/scannow

in command prompt.

Let me know the results. Thanks.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

newsreader
so

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:54:15 GMT

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!new sf
eed
00

.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.gigan ew
s.c
om

!cyclone1.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc02.POS TE
D!3
8b
55d65!not-for-mail

I'm trying method 2;
When I copy it into the Run, I get "Installation Failed". I don't
get
anything that indicates it can't find a file (so that I can
browse).

Hi JCO,

Let's try to re-install IE6(If possible)

Method 1:
================
if you don't have IE6 listed in Add-Remove Programs, then in
Start|Run
then
enter "rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance" without the quotes,
exactly
as
shown (it's case sensitive), and select the appropriate entry.

More detailed info is available here: Description of the
Internet
Explorer
Repair Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q194177
(Also apply to IE6)

Method 2:
===============
1) Insert the Windows installation CD in your CD-ROM drive.

2) Click Start, and click Run.

3) Copy the command prompt below in the Open box (exactly as
show -
it's
case sensitive), and click OK. (Assumes %System% is
installed
in
Windows
on your C:\ partition. Change as appropriate for your particular
situation.) Rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection
DefaultInstall
132
c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

4) It will display a "File Needed" screen, click "Browse.." and
browse
<CD-ROM drive>\i386, (where <CD-ROM drive> is the drive
letter
of
the
CD-ROM, For example, D:).

5) Click Open, click Ok, it should begin reinstalling Internet
Explorer.

(NOTE: It has been reported, courtesy of Steve Wechsler,
that
if
you're
on
Windows XP Pro SP2, it may prompt you for some files that it
cannot
find
in
the WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 folder, which you'll then
need
browse to. It's thought that this may apply to XP Home also.
The
specific
files are iexplore.exe which actually IS in the i386
folder,
mswrd632.wpc, which is located in the Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\TextConv folder, AND, INSTALL.IN_ ,
which
will
be located on a slipstreamed XP Pro CD in the i386 folder and
also
located
in the i386 folder on an XP Pro SP1 disk. So, copying the 2
files
above
the WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 folder should allow you
be
able
repair/reinstall IE on an SP2 system by right clicking ie.inf in
the
WINDOWS\inf folder and selecting Install or using the
rundll32.exe
line
given above.)

Method 3:
==============
Check following link:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

Hope this helps.

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:11:01 GMT

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!n ew
sfe
ed
00

.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.gig an
ews
om

!cyclone1.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc08.P OS
TED
!3
8b
55d65!not-for-mail

So bottom line is that my IE Explorer is corrupted somehow &
there
does
not
seem to be a way to fix it.
Any attempts to go back to an older version, then re-install
back
v6
fails to fix the problem too.

Any other suggestions...other than reloading the OS from
scratch.

message
Hi,

Actually I found a Windows 2000 machine to test the web site
and I
see
the
pictures well. I just want to make sure there are no Http
data
stream
problem.

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 02:26:23 GMT

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl !n
ews
fe
ed
00

.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.glorb.com!hwmnpeer01.lga!news.h ig
hwi
nd
s-
me

dia.com!cycny01.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!tr nd
dc0
1.
PO
ST
ED!38b55d65!not-for-mail

I will do that and let you know. But not sure what that
will
prove
since
can already test it on my other computer (not to mention...
you
can
see
everything just fine). I will let you know when I do
this...
It
will
be
On
Tuesday the earliest.

"Vincent Xu [MSFT]" <[email protected]>
wrote
in
message
Hi JCO,

Would you please download a new Browser to check the
results?
Like
Firefox
or Opera.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

your

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>

microsoft.public.inetexplorer.scripting,microsoft.public.window s.
ine
te
xp
lo
re
r.ie6.browser
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:56:19 GMT

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.g bl
!ne
ws
fe
ed
00

sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com! ne
ws2
oo
gl

com!atl-c05.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!cycny01.gnil in
k.n
et
!s
pa

killer.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc02.POSTED!38b55d65!not-for-mail

The spinning image is not required anymore. I should
have
removed
it...
and
will.

The work around is that I can change the path from
Relative
Absolute
(by
adding http://dfwtejanos.com/ to each photo's current
path
on
the
server
(as
I gave you in the earlier email). Then I can see it
with
my
browser.
But
this is silly. I have so many jpg that are thumbnails
which
point
picture gallery. I can't change all of these.

Also; With Frontpage, I can do a preview which
everything
appears
perfect.
Once I send it to the server, then I can no longer see
these
jpg
(only
the
ones that have a hyperlink to them). Again, this only
happens
on
my
work
computer (which is in the same room as my home
computer).
My
home
computer,
like yours, will see everything perfect.

message
(crosspost to inetexplorer.scripting added)
1. These are jpg files at website:
http://dfwtejanos.com
Specifically, this jpg,

(http://dfwtejanos.com/home/060412_MartinHighSchoolPlayer/Mar ti
nHi
gh
Sc
ho
ol
Pl
ayers_small.jpg), is on the page where the title
is:
Martin
High
School
Players.
There is also a graphic (jpg) that says Read More
(with
red
plus
sign).

Can you explain this please?

<extract>
<!-- jco; Pre-Load spinning gif image first to avoid
lockups
<script>var imgSpin = new Image(); imgSpin.src =
"files/emaila9.gif"</script>
-->
</extract>

Also please explain when and where I might see
it.
E.g. does it only appear if I do something in the
page?

What's really surprising is finding out when it
finishes
(e.g. as seen with FiddlerTool.)

I think that there is a documented issue about
images
in a script and why Red-X may result but I can't
remember
exactly where I read it--probably in an MSDN article
several
years ago. The same article would have given a
workaround
for the problem.

Here's the sort of thing I was thinking of (but more
likely
via
the
MSDN
links in it at the bottom, assuming the document
still
exists):

<title>KB269802 - BUG: Internet Explorer Stops
Responding
When
You
Download Images</title>

(TechNet search for
load* image* script* timeout*
)

You would probably get a more informed answer in a
newsgroup
which specializes in web development. I'll
cross-post
one
now
in case someone there wants to comment now.

2. I'm not sure about the level of Maintenance.
When I
do
an
update, I
believe it is V6 but if you can tell me how to
verify
this...
will.

I think you should be able to see your Service Pack
level
with System Properties, e.g. press Win-Break

You could tell the level of WU you are using from the
URL
in
the
IE Address bar (after all the redirections).

If WU is really V6 then you should look harder for
the
SoftwareDistribution
directory that Vincent wanted you to find. E.g.
perhaps
it
is
system
or
hidden folder and would be suppressed by whatever
tool
you
were
using
to check for it.

One way would be to open a cmd window and enter:

dir/ad %windir%\SoftwareDistribution

E.g. using the shell variable would avoid the
possibility
that
you have your System installed under
%SystemDrive%:\WINNT
instead of C:\Windows as Vincent was assuming.

HTH

Robert
---

(remainder of subthread left to assist crosspost
readers)

Full thread available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default ..a
spx
?&
qu
er
y=

(JCO+Vincent)+&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.publ ic
.wi
nd
ow
s.
in

etexplorer.ie6.browser&p=1&tid=d0361cca-c7b5-4f13-bc4b-4cb3c2c47a4a

Thanks

"Robert Aldwinckle" <[email protected]>
wrote
in
message
IE 6 running on W2K will not let me see
Thumbnail
Graphics
that are linked to a html file.

It would probably help if you posted a link to a
page
and a specific image file which demonstrated the
symptom.
E.g. it may be something specific such as a
problem
with
.png files (in which case you would try
re-registering
pngfilt.dll),
etc.

The option (Delete
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
folder)
could
not
be done
becaue that folder did not exist.

What level of maintenance do you have on your OS
and how do you visit Windows Update?
FYI this means that you do not use WUv5, WUv6
or
MU

At one point I thought that older OS such as yours
only used WUv4 but lately it has appeared that
somehow
they can be upgraded to use higher versions
(perhaps as a result of new service packs?
I don't have your OS and so far nobody in the WU
NG
has bothered clarifying this detail.)

Yes I've tried safe mode...same issue
I Registered all dll's except one listed below
becasue
it
could
not
find
it:
sccbase.dll

So far, nothing has worked. Can you double
check
the
dll
that
could
not
find and make sure that is the correct one. I
search
both
my
computers
and
could not find this file.

Thanks so far for all your help.

http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/?dlltype=file&l=55&alpha =s
ccb
as
e*
&S
=1

Looks like it only is available in NT5.1
(e.g.
XP)
and
higher.

BTW do you get thumbnails in Windows Explorer?
(E.g.
View,
Thumbnails)

In any case, it looks as if that OS (at least with
SP4)
is
supposed
to have a thumbvw.dll and it is supposed to
registerable.

http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/?fid=204509&l=55&det=1

(Details for File + Product search for: thumb*
with
W2Ksp4)

Try that one instead? (I don't know if Explorer
"thumbnails"
are rendered the same way that small images are
but
if you're getting stuck I think it won't hurt to
try
this
in
case
there are some common routines used by both.)

Similarly it might be relevant to know if you are
having
any problems with rendering Favicons for IE.
E.g. do you see Google's G or MSN's
Butterfly
when you go to those sites?

BTW if you don't have the latest maintenance
it would be a good idea to visit Windows Update
and get current.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

JCO

Thanks... As you will let me know if you found anything in the Cab file I
sent you.
Thanks again.

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi JCO,

I'm still trying to research the MPS report. I'll let you know my results
as soon as possible. Meanwhile, please let me knwo your latest status.

<b2p#[email protected]> <GOpgg.1704$Id2.1409@trnddc03>

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
<srx#[email protected]> <4yIcg.5563$qn2.4539@trnddc04>
<[email protected]> <g33dg.6006$oa3.2006@trnddc08>
<[email protected]> <%FHdg.31$xO5.9@trnddc03>
<O#[email protected]> <Tw%dg.2232$As2.1187@trnddc02>
<[email protected]> <j3Oeg.2208$hv1.543@trnddc01>
<[email protected]> <VnYeg.6112$%C6.5112@trnddc08>
<[email protected]> <bgofg.44971$As2.5166@trnddc02>
<[email protected]>
<b2p#[email protected]> <GOpgg.1704$Id2.1409@trnddc03>
<T#[email protected]>

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 00:28:22 GMT

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!newsfe ed
00

.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews .c
om

!cyclone1.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc03.POSTED !3
8b
55d65!not-for-mail

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:04:37 GMT

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!msrnew sc
1!

msrtrans!msrn-in!newshub.sdsu.edu!hwmnpeer01.lga!news.highwinds-media.co m!
cy

cny01.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc03.POSTED!38b 55
d6
5!not-for-mail

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:56:19 GMT

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx .g
bl
!ne
ws
fe
ed
00

sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.co m!
ne
ws2
oo
gl

com!atl-c05.usenetserver.com!news.usenetserver.com!cycny01.gn il
in
k.n
et
!s
pa

killer.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc02.POSTED!38b55d65!not-for-mail

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser:367175
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.scripting:13646

[...]

=
"files/emaila9.gif"</script>
-->
[...]

Have you found the solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same
problem only reversed. My website will show fine on others computers but not

JCO

Not specifically but I think I'm in the ball park.
And just to be clear, I don't think your issue is reverse of mine. It seems
to be the same issue.
I just happen to be the creator of the website in question therefore, I know
what I'm suppose to be seeing..

While creating the website, I can link words to another html page okay.
This comes across as a regular Hyperlink. If I take a graphics (like
photos) and link it to an html page (only). The graphics won't show up when
viewing the website. But the problem is only when viewing the website with
my work computer. My home computer and everybody else viewing the website
does not have a problem. Only I have the issue and only with my work
computer (which coincidently is the computer used to create the website).

One a test drive, this is what I've done:
I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat 7.5 Professional ... had no affect
I uninstalled Roxio Easy Media Creator 8.5... had no affect
I uninstalled Norton System Works (Anti-virus, password manager, & Symantec
Utilities)... had no affect.
I uninstalled Zone Alarm (ZA is a firewall system)...

When I rebooted, I was able to see everything fine. Now I was happy. Then,
to test it thoroughly, I reloaded ZoneAlarm. The issue, of not seeing the
linked graphics, came back. Therefore I thought for sure that it was
ZoneAlarm (ZA). So I uninstalled ZA again. This time, it did NOT fix the
problem. So I'm confused as to what happened.

I think it is a software conflict. I'm not sure why I was able to resolve
it for a short time, before the problem came back. Now I can't seem to
recreate the situation that caused it to work correctly.

I will try to do more testing. Fortunate, I had everything loaded on
separate harddrive, therefore, I am able to test this out. Let me know if
you find anything out or if you have any of the same software loaded on your
computer.

JCO

Update:

One a test drive, this is what I've done:
I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat 7.5 Professional ... had no affect
I uninstalled Roxio Easy Media Creator 8.5... had no affect
I uninstalled Norton System Works (Anti-virus, password manager, & Symantec
Utilities)... had no affect.
I uninstalled Zone Alarm (ZA is a firewall system)... Something happened!!

When I rebooted, I was able to see everything fine. Now I was happy. Then,
to test it thoroughly, I reloaded ZoneAlarm. The issue, of not seeing the
linked graphics, came back. Therefore I thought for sure that it was
ZoneAlarm (ZA). So I uninstalled ZA again. This time, it did NOT fix the
problem. So I'm confused as to what happened. All I can really say is that
the issued magically went away for a brief moment.

I'm still researching the software issues on a test drive of mine. All I
can do is remove more software and see what happens. I will let you know.

Vincent Xu said:
[...]

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!newsfeed00sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!130.81.64.211.MISMATCH!cycny01.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!
trnddc01.POSTED!38b55d65!not-for-mail

8b
day
confers
no
rights.

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

From: "JCO" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 02:26:23 GMT

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.g bl
!n
ews
fe
ed
00

.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.glorb.com!hwmnpeer01.lga!news h
ig
hwi
nd
s-
me

dia.com!cycny01.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net! tr
nd
dc0
1.
PO
ST
ED!38b55d65!not-for-mail

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser:367292

Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:56:19 GMT

[...]

such

JCO

I wanted to let you know a work-around, but your not going to like it.
I found out that if you take the graphics and change the path from Relative
to Absolute, your graphics will show up just fine (even if they are
hyperlinked to a HTML page).

Example:
Relative path may look like this:
/files/myphoto.jpg

Absolute path will look like this:
http://mywebsite.com/files/myphoto.jpg.

At any rate, this is not something you want to do on all of your stuff...
but it does resolve the issue I was having. I have way to many of these to
implement the work around but wanted to share it with you so that you can
try it on one of your graphics (on your website).