IE6 and display size

Am on Windows 2000 Pro. Have recently upgraded to IE6 - as prompted by Hotmail.
Although I've had some other nasty problems with IE6, Outlook Express 6, and
Hotmail versus Norton Internet Security, another glitch has just developed
'spontaneously'.
When I'm on the Internet/Web, many pages or panels are now oversize - big
fonts etc.
I also seem to get this now with START(button)>Help pages.
(Other applications such as MSOffice seem to be OK. My Control Panel>Display
features are unchanged)
Any ideas how to remedy ??
....Nick999
12March2006

Don Varnau

Hi,
If changing the text size doesn't help (IE> View> Text size) check these
settings:

Internet Options> General> Accessibility. For most users, nothing should be
checked.

Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display. Make sure that High Contrast
is not checked. Also click on Settings and uncheck Use Shortcut. That will
disable the Alt+Shift+Print Screen shortcut to High Contrast.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Hi Don Varnau...
Thanks a million. Yes: seems to be menu View>TextSize got set to 'Large'.
Must have hit accidently, or when fishing around to fix another problem.
(Namely, that Hotmail keeps asking me to upgrade to IE6 when I have already
done so via MS site. Can only get IE6 to work properly if I sign in with
Norton Internet Security disabled - the subject of my other posting yesterday)
....Nick999
12March 2006

Nick999 said:
Am on Windows 2000 Pro. Have recently upgraded to IE6 - as prompted by Hotmail.
Although I've had some other nasty problems with IE6, Outlook Express 6, and
Hotmail versus Norton Internet Security, another glitch has just developed
'spontaneously'.
When I'm on the Internet/Web, many pages or panels are now oversize - big
fonts etc.
I also seem to get this now with START(button)>Help pages.
(Other applications such as MSOffice seem to be OK. My Control Panel>Display
features are unchanged)
Any ideas how to remedy ??
...Nick999
12March2006

Don Varnau

Glad it was that easy. You may have inadvertantly changed text size with the
Ctrl Key+Scroll wheel shortcut. It's easy to do.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Hi Don...
Didn't know about that shortcut.