IE Not Opening JAVASCRIPT 'Pop Ups'/Links

I'm running IE (v.6.0.2900.2180). When I try to open java pop ups they start
to load then disappear. ALL pop up blocking is turned off! The exact code for
the java link is javascrpit:popEST(). what do I need to do? I ran Windows
update to see if there was an update but it appears to be up-to-date.

Please help. Thanks.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Are you *sure* that you don't have a pop-up blocker running? How about Yahoo
companion, Google toolbar, MSN toolbar, Earthlink, AOL, Ad-aware Plus, the
IE pop-up blocker?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

CSM

Hi,

Have you got McAfee Computer Virus Software installed on your PC?

I had a similar problem with my new PC shortly after I got it. I was
trying to reply on a MSN message board - but it wouldn't let me. I was
advised to uninstall McAfee, reboot and log on again too the MSN
message board.

Ever since no problems with fault.

I'm now suffering from a new bug on IE6 SP2 which fails to let you log
on to a particular site!

Which is winding me up more than the pop up window bug, that McAfee
caused me.

Hope this helps you out?

CSM.

Yes, I'm positive NO Pop up bocking is running. There was some Yahoo junk
installed, so I uninstalled all of that but it still not working.

Any other ideas?

Joshua said:
I'm running IE (v.6.0.2900.2180). When I try to open java pop ups they start
to load then disappear. ALL pop up blocking is turned off! The exact code for
the java link is javascrpit:popEST(). what do I need to do? I ran Windows
update to see if there was an update but it appears to be up-to-date.

Please help. Thanks.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Some other possibilities:
Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the scripting engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
for the appropriate download of Windows Script 6.5

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]