IE 8 stops

Sydney

every time I launch the Internet explorer (Version 8 ), a window shows
"internet explorer has stop fuinctionning". I tried to uninstall and re
install without success.

any idea anybody ?

VanguardLH

Sydney said:
every time I launch the Internet explorer (Version 8 ), a window shows
"internet explorer has stop fuinctionning". I tried to uninstall and re
install without success.

Run IE *without* any of the add-ons that you installed. That is, run IE
in its no-addons mode. Then see if the problem continues.

Sydney2

Le 29/09/2012 01:07, VanguardLH a écrit :
Run IE *without* any of the add-ons that you installed. That is, run IE
in its no-addons mode. Then see if the problem continues.
How do you do that ?
Since IE cannot be run you cann't do it from inside. Is there any other
program to launch ?
Idea: is avast Pro (antivirus) a problem ?
I have tried to prevent from launching Avast with msconfig, but it
launches itself anyhow.

Paul

Sydney2 said:
Le 29/09/2012 01:07, VanguardLH a écrit :
How do you do that ?
Since IE cannot be run you cann't do it from inside. Is there any other
program to launch ?
Idea: is avast Pro (antivirus) a problem ?
I have tried to prevent from launching Avast with msconfig, but it
launches itself anyhow.

There's a picture here, of a menu option to get to it. Otherwise,
you'd have to figure out the command line argument to stop it.

http://kb.supportco.com/online_help..._help/uploadfiles/Image/IE Safe-Modesmall.jpg

For example, using this info...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330728(v=VS.85).aspx

you could go to a command prompt window and try "iexplore -extoff"
if using IE7 or later.

Paul

Sydney2

Le 29/09/2012 15:14, Paul a écrit :
There's a picture here, of a menu option to get to it. Otherwise,
you'd have to figure out the command line argument to stop it.

http://kb.supportco.com/online_help..._help/uploadfiles/Image/IE Safe-Modesmall.jpg

For example, using this info...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330728(v=VS.85).aspx

you could go to a command prompt window and try "iexplore -extoff"
if using IE7 or later.

Paul
Thanks. i opened IE w/o adds On . I manage to de activate adds on like
Shockwave flash object, Adobe PDF link Helper, webRep .
Shockwave flash object (type active X), Adobe PDF link Helper, webRep
Now if I launch Ie with the remaining Adds on, it doesnot find any site.
Now if I launch Ie without Adds on and I type an address site, the
screen is unstable again.
I am puzzled .

Paul

Sydney2 said:
Le 29/09/2012 15:14, Paul a écrit :
Thanks. i opened IE w/o adds On . I manage to de activate adds on like
Shockwave flash object, Adobe PDF link Helper, webRep .
Shockwave flash object (type active X), Adobe PDF link Helper, webRep
Now if I launch Ie with the remaining Adds on, it doesnot find any site.
Now if I launch Ie without Adds on and I type an address site, the
screen is unstable again.
I am puzzled .

IE9 has this setting, implying IE9 has GPU acceleration. But I don't
think IE8 has this. You would place a tick in the box at the top,
to stop using the GPU.

http://cdn4.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/gpu_acceleration.jpg

I am out of other suggestions, why, from a hardware point of view, the
screen would be "unstable" when running IE8.

If you capture the screen, with a screen capture utility, does the
"instability" still appear in the captured image ? That would be
a check for a hardware issue of some sort. If a screen capture appears
normal, but the actual screen does not appear normal, then it could be
a hardware problem.

Paul

VanguardLH

Sydney2 said:
i opened IE w/o adds On .

So does IE8 work with *all* add-ons disabled (by running IE8 in its
no-addons mode)? In its no add-ons mode, can you load IE8 okay? Can
you visit web sites okay?
Now if I launch Ie without Adds on and I type an address site, the
screen is unstable again.

You never told us what type of hardware you have. Is it a laptop? Is
it a netbook? Is it a desktop? If it's a desktop, are you using an LCD
or CRT monitor? Have you tried lowering the screen resolution and
reloading IE8 (in its no add-ons mode again) and then visit a web site?

Sydney2

Le 01/10/2012 18:28, Paul a écrit :
IE9 has this setting, implying IE9 has GPU acceleration. But I don't
think IE8 has this. You would place a tick in the box at the top,
to stop using the GPU.

http://cdn4.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/gpu_acceleration.jpg

I am out of other suggestions, why, from a hardware point of view, the
screen would be "unstable" when running IE8.

If you capture the screen, with a screen capture utility, does the
"instability" still appear in the captured image ? That would be
a check for a hardware issue of some sort. If a screen capture appears
normal, but the actual screen does not appear normal, then it could be
a hardware problem.

Paul
I am still with IE8 launched w/o Adds on.Now the screen is OK . I wonder
finally if this is not due to the site visited rather than IE itself. I
will follow up on your suggestion.

Sydney2

Le 01/10/2012 21:58, VanguardLH a écrit :
So does IE8 work with *all* add-ons disabled (by running IE8 in its
no-addons mode)? In its no add-ons mode, can you load IE8 okay? Can
you visit web sites okay?

You never told us what type of hardware you have. Is it a laptop? Is
it a netbook? Is it a desktop? If it's a desktop, are you using an LCD
or CRT monitor? Have you tried lowering the screen resolution and
reloading IE8 (in its no add-ons mode again) and then visit a web site?

IE8 works with Adds-On disabled. I can visit now (see answer to Paul )
the sites OK.
the machine is a mini netbook Compaq w/o CD reader. I am using the LCD
screen attached to it.
By the way IE8, normal execution, doesn't allow navigation.
Should I continue navigate W/o adds-on ?

VanguardLH

Sydney2 said:
IE8 works with Adds-On disabled. I can visit now (see answer to Paul )
the sites OK. the machine is a mini netbook Compaq w/o CD reader. I
am using the LCD screen attached to it. By the way IE8, normal
execution, doesn't allow navigation. Should I continue navigate W/o
adds-on ?

With all add-ons disabled, IE8 works okay. So now you get the task of
disabling all add-ons in IE8 and then enable them one at a time to test
until you hit the problem again at which point the last enabled add-on
is the culprit.

GT

"Sydney" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
every time I launch the Internet explorer (Version 8 ), a window shows
"internet explorer has stop fuinctionning". I tried to uninstall and re
install without success.

any idea anybody ?

Use Google Chrome instead.

VanguardLH

GT said:
Use Google Chrome instead.

Doesn't address the problem. Instead you end up with different problems
and a slew of extensions to get Chrome to exhibit features you would
lose by leaving IE (e.g., getting new tabs to the front), and each
extension runs in its own process and each tab will load another
instance of that add-ons process so you end up with dozens if not
hundreds of processes when using Chrome (or any Chromium derivative).