Outlook IE 7/Outlook not connecting

Reaction score
Hi,
I am running Windows XP SP3 on a dial-up internet connection.
IE7 stopped connecting one day out for no known reason. Firefox 2.0.0.16 worked fine, but IE7 would not connect "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error message. If I update Firefox to a new version that won't work either. I have removed IE7 tried IE6, but still no luck. I have tried the "Diagnose Connection Problem", and have also reset the default settings on IE7, but doesn't fix the problem.
Then just the other day Outlook 2002 would not connect to my POP3 server. I checked the mail account settings, and they were all correct.
I did change my antivirus software from Norton to PC tools, but I did go onto the Norton symantec website and remove it using their instructions, so I am not sure if this has anything to do with it?
I have installed on my computer PC Tools Firewall Plus, and PC Tools Spyware Doctor, but I have removed them from my computer to see if this would fix the problem, but it doesn't make any difference.
I have deleted and recreated my connection, but again doesn't fix the problem.

Has anybody got any ideas about what could have gone wrong to cause this?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
My internet connection has been hit or miss since the snows came so mit may be something to do with that.
If you are on dial-up does the phone work when the internet does not ?
Are you on a shared line as any odities on the line will result in cut offs. I had a shared line on dial up and if my neighbour used the phone I got cut of the net.
Best I can offer I'm afraid.
Try using the CC Cleaner or PC Decrapifier both free and very good to get rid of any left over Norton.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. My phone line in okay, and I am not getting cut-off, but I will try CC Cleaner or PC Decrapifier, and see how I go. thanks again.

Reaction score
I did use CC Cleaner and PC Decrapifier, and looked for any left over Norton files, which I deleted, but still no luck??

Ask a Question