IE 6 locks up

Jeff

When I go to options and try to clear the autocomplete
forms in the autocomplete history, my browser locks up
and stops responding. Any idea why and how can I fix
it? Thanks.

DVarnau

Jeff,
Try this:
With no programs open,
Run REGEDIT and make your way to this key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IntelliForms\SPW]
Export that key (Registry. Export- just in case you wish to undo the
change) then delete it- just the SPW key.
Restart the computer- maybe not necessary, but it won't hurt.

If that doesn't fix things for you, post back.

Regards,
Don

Jeff

Don,
That didn't help. It still locks up when I try to clear
the forms.

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
d.varnau[at]lycos[dot]com

Jeff said:
When I go to options and try to clear the autocomplete
forms in the autocomplete history, my browser locks up
and stops responding. Any idea why and how can I fix
it? Thanks.

.

DVarnau

Jeff,
I helped someone work through this a few weeks ago and here's his feedback.
Try this- let me know if it helps.
- - -
Deleting the SPW in itself didn't work (even with a reboot), however,
though the password list was cleared. So I used the Internet Options >>>
Clear Passwords Button as the passwords were gone anyway and indeed this
made all well with the Clear Forms button. Go figure.
- - -
Don