IE 6.0.2800 Stops Resonding

I have read through this group several times and I am still at a loss to find the answer to my particular problem. I am an avid user of HiJackThis, Adware, SpyBot, Norton etc. I use winxp running ie 6.0.2800. My problem is that IE stops responding when loading Certain webpages. It will eventually come back to life, but it can take it up to 2 minutes. I can find nothing about these pages in common that could keep IE from loading properly. Sometimes a google search freezes, next time its a index.htm from an Offline webpage/template I'm working on, or my kids school website, but EACH time I go to open one of these particular pages, it stops responding. In the windows task manager I noticed under the Applications header when IE stops responding that there are 2 IE's with the little E icon for the exact same url. I have turned off the 3rd party browser thing but all that does is remove my google toolbar (which i love) and those pages still won't load. I am at a loss. I am sorry if I have overlooked an obvious answer to his question in previous threads, but I would appreciate some help. tia...

Don Varnau

Hi,
Try some maintenance / housecleaning.

Delete the Temporary Internet Files and set the TIF folder size to about
50-60 MB (no larger.)
Set the History to no more that 8-10 days (if you can live with that.)

Clean out the TEMP folder.

Delete the TIF and History folders. http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
Also see "Computer Health" http://www.aumha.org/a/health.htm

Post a HijackThis log to the HijackThis Logs forum at http://forum.mvps.org/

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"AeroGurL" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have thought to do this in the past, but at your suggestion I did it all again. This problem is still not resolved. I think its just a corrupt file or something in IE. I have never had to uninstall and reinstall IE before, is this possible? and How

p.s. those same pages work fine with Netscape

Thanks

Don Varnau

Sorry. I lost track of this thread.
318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378
Note... Method 2 works with other versions of Windows.

194177 - Description of the Internet Explorer Repair Tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;194177

Have you posted a HijackThis log to one of the anti-spyware forums? The fact
that disabling browser extensions doesn't help kind of rules out
spyware/parasites. But, the second instance of IE which shows up makes me
suspect a parasite.

Don