ICS and VPN

Simon Woods

Hi

I'm running Win2K with ICS with 2 other machines accessing the Web through
my machine. I'm using Win2K's own Internet Connection Sharing feature.

I've just been given some VPN software to install so I can access my Office
network via a VPN. What I'm finding is that, having successfully made a
connection to the web and then the office via the VPN, if ICS is enabled
although I can ping one of the office machine's IP address, I can't ping
it's name, so my I don't appear to be getting any name resolution, but it
then means that I can't see any file servers nor the mail server. If I stop
ICS everything seems to work as it should, I can see the network and the
mail servers etc.

My VPN software is WatchGuard's Mobile User VPN client.

I really don't know too much about this so am wondering if there any
tweaks/settings in Win2K I can play around with.

Thanks

Simon

Sergio Moreno

Hello,

ICS does network translation and it is probably not translating addresses in NetBIOS datagram headers.
Did you ever tried to use RRAS for VPN access? This could with browsing.
From: "Simon Woods" <[email protected]>
Subject: ICS and VPN
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:22:16 +0100

Hi

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.