ICS and DHCP problems in Sp2

Txl

Hello

I have a desktop with 3 network connections (RJ45, 1394 and WIFI) bridged
together with a manually assigned IP of 192.168.0.1

The laptop has 3 network connections bridged together with an IP of
192.168.0.3 (manual) and the network is running fine.

When I try to share the DSL connection on the desktop (modem is USB, not
RJ45) the (stupid) system tells me it must use Ip of 192.168.0.1 on the
"gateway" (which is the ALREADY MANUALLY entered adress), upon reboot the
IP is set automatically but instead of getting 192.168.0.1 I get 0.0.0.0
and of course nothing is working.

I can try to "repair" as many times as I want I get an error saying that
the system was unable to refresh my IP adress and i should contact the
network administrator.

Maybe it is a service of some sort that is not stared but all the
"obvious" ones are started so I'll be happy to get your ideas and tips on
this one (list of necessary services in case I've missed one).

I have thought that maybe if I could tell him to share the remote access
without having to go through the wizard would help, is there a registry
key telling him that yes this connection is shared but no don't run your
stupid wizard which is only messing things up, can't you share an internet
connection without having to have your IP using DHCP ? What if you HAVE to
have your "gateway" use a different IP than 192.168.0.1 ?

Thanks a lot

Feng Mao

Hi,

Thank you for posting here! I have posted my suggestion in the newsgroup
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web. I hope that it will be helpful.

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support