Iconic Albums

Reaction score
Finally got round to buying Mike Oldfield - The Collection.
It includes his Singles & Tubular Bells part 1 & 2.
Which i listened to going up to London last night.
An amazing bit of music.

But then i do own The Best of the Wurzels as well!:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
Bought Mike Oldfield - The Collection at Christmas and just got round to listening to it.
Just listening now to Tubular Bells part 1 & 2.

That's on page 39 of the 'What are you listening to now' thread dated mid January.

Wassup? :confused:

But yes, Tubular Bells long been a fave of mine. I do have all his other work but I don't think any of it quite captures the original spirit of his first album though some come close. His back catalogue, imo, also a bit hit and miss, some filler in there methinks.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
At the moment I am listening to the Branbenberg Concerto No 4 in G Major:D

One of the few classical pieces I actually quite like.

On the first Tubular Bells Viv Stanshall says, in a very English voice, 'Two slightly distorted guitars'. This does not apply to the Brandenburg Concertos but I thought I'd mention it.

A longa longa long time ago, before the rain, before the snow, I saw the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band twice in same year, once at The Bal Tabarin, Downham and also at the Tigers Head Catford, fronted, of course, by Viv Stanshall. They were good.

Viv is now now six feet under. Shame. But life goes on and I remember Viv Fondly.

Reaction score
I have only one Mike Oldfield' CD's called "The Essential Mike Oldfield"and has his best known works on it but only an excerept of Tubular Bells, One of the fireman who used to give me a lift to Dartford Fire Station had it on a tape and would play it at full blast all the way there and on the return journey and now strangely I have an aversion to it, but origionaly I used to like it, to much of a good thing.

Ask a Question