I want everybody to watch this please

Reaction score
This guy is incredible as i'm sure are many others in this kind of situation.
But to actually go out of his way, talk to others about his life and history and experience takes some brass one's

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
What an incredible man, TXD, he has the most amazing, positive attitude to life. One would have to be totally hard-hearted not to feel inspired by this guy. Thanks for sharing :thumb:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I am not often speechless, but I am now. I have spent most of the night watching whatever other clips I could..........

Reaction score
Well what can one say about the chap. A really remarkable man.

He should be invited to come over here to talk to some of our youngsters,to show them all that they have which he hasn`t, and not be so selfish.
historian

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Strange innit 54 views only 4 comments?

Hmmmmm

I am pretty sure that those who watched it were as inspired by the man as those who commented about it. It is not very easy for many people to express their real inner emotions in open when it comes to something so real. I am very sure that it takes a lot of courage to say that they were unmoved by what they saw in the video. Most who watched this video were in one way or another inspired by this man and what he achieved in such adversity.

He made his audience laugh and cry at the same time, and the audience did not hold anything back in terms of emotions.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Wow, fair play to that guy. That is all that needs to be said. The video says far more than words can.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had looked at the thread but din't look at the video mostly cos I'm odd and don't like being told what to do ;)

But, after reading all the comments here my curiosity got the better of me and I viewed.

Human spirit.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, what that guy said - consider what you have and not what you don't have, we're all rich in one way or another compared to others.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It is amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. Well done that chap and this one also.

"PARIS: A Frenchman whose arms and legs were amputated swam across the English Channel this weekend using leg prostheses that have flippers attached.

Philippe Croizon, 42, had expected the tough crossing to take up to 24 hours and instead, he finished in only 13 and a half. His team believe this is a record time for a disabled swimmer.
The swimmer lost his arms and legs after suffering an electric shock in 1994 as a current surged through him from a nearby powerline as he stood on a ladder adjusting his television antenna Doctors were forced to amputate his limbs after the incident

Croizon made headlines in 2007 for parachuting from an airplane. He wrote a book about his experiences called "J'ai decide de vivre"' (I decided to live.)"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...osses-English-Channel/articleshow/6562639.cms

nod.gif

Reaction score
Thankyou for all your feed back.

Just to add - I had a friend come and visit straight from work yesterday. I showed him this clip and about half way through I turned to see his reaction.

He was welling up! And like many of the people in the clip was not afraid to show it

Thanks everyone!!

Reaction score
I have just come across this as I am a newby and exploring the site. Well what can I say I sat here with the tears streaming down my face like a big girl (and I am an retired fireman). What a guy, it made me also feel so humble and made my problems seem so insignificant. He may not have arms and legs but what GUTS, and what an inspiration.

Reaction score
Don't really know what to say. Words seems irrelevant and cannot express how amazing that bloke is.

Very touching video. Thanks for sharing

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Got a tear in me eye watching that...Guy knows how to deliver I know that!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fine here in Firefox mine blocked popups and still proceeded with the main page too..

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
I'm glad people are still watching this :)

Happy it's had an impact on some too

Makes you think how small our problems are in comparison with others and no good in wallowing in self pity

Ask a Question