I refuse to recognize that there are impossibilities

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

Kenny says: "methane gas is blue.... like natural gas :) You
can add color to the gas for safety reasons also"

http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr/wcee/keep/Mod1/Unitall/definitions.htm
"Natural gas - An odorless, colorless". . .

Methane gas is also colorless and odorless. I guess this is a
corollary, as natural gas is mostly methane.
4. erroneous information

Making stuff up is his primary trolling technique. It's hard not to
reply to correct him, and when he posts erroneous info about freeware
it's probably best to correct him.

Nicolaas Hawkins

Come on back to ACF any time you want to discuss Freeware. What's a spot
or two of persecution between friends?

Susan, you should have warned him about the knobbly door handle jamming
him in the butt on his way out. [WHAM!] Ooh - too late, mate. Bet that
smarts.

--
Die dulci fruere,
Nicolaas.

.... The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

Susan Bugher

»Q« said:
<news:[email protected]>:

Making stuff up is his primary trolling technique. It's hard not to
reply to correct him, and when he posts erroneous info about freeware
it's probably best to correct him.

Correcting Kenny seems to take a lot of doing. . . . It might be
better to just create a web page about him - as has been done for
someone else in the group who consistently posts misinformation.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Jay Smith

How sorrowing to see a grown woman resort to such childlike things....

Susan I hope you are proud of yourself. You made me feel horrible,
and I bet you do that to others around you.
I am truly thinking of not coming to this newsgroup again....

I think it is the best thing to do. But I must state that you are the reason
why I will
leave, if I decide to do so. Not the other people in here who disagree with
me.

Disagreements are ok, but when people resort to making fun of others,
insulting or
even threatening them with "web pages", and actually mean it.... then what
can I say?

I am sorry for you.

And I have no place with people like that.

Al Klein

I just have to add this for Mike Dee, because when people say stupid things
like that they make me furious...

So when you say stupid things - like the fact that Ford proved that
some things claimed to be impossible weren't means that nothing's
impossible - does that make you furious with yourself?

Al Klein

Well we would probably be extinct because only with tools and fire and some
other early technology did we have advantage over other predators, other
manlike apes and hard weather.

We invented tools and fire long after the first ice age. VERY long
after.

Al Klein

I have written a whole theory on this subject and it clearly states that
anything is possible in an infinite multiuniverse. Its based on the latest
discoveries of how our universe works...

As if you understood 1/10th of 1 percent of any theory of a multiverse
(not multiuniverse).

Al Klein

We are talking about what is possible. Jules Vern said, what one man can
imagine another can create.

That's already been proved false many times. I can imagine a
container with a square top on the round bottom. Invent it.
Einstein said that imagination is far more
important than knowledge.

Imagination isn't the same as stupidity. He knew the difference -
some people don't.
you have not said
one thing of interest all this time I have been in this newsgroup!

Talking to yourself already?

Al Klein

But here is some more information.
All elements have color even though it may not be visible to the human eye
directly. That's how spectroscopy works

No, that's not how spectroscopy works, although it does deal with
elements and color.
and thats how we know what elements are on other stars etc. Because color
means a variation of white light.

No, because spectroscopy tells us what color light element is
absorbing - not what color it "has". Grass doesn't absorb green
light.
Even though you cannot see the color, with spectroscopy you see black lines
where the element is absorbing
light in those frequencies. And those black lines mean that it does in fact
have color.

No, it means, as you said, but don't understand, that it's absorbing
the color.
And I must add that if a gas is "seemingly" transparent if you have a thick
enough layer of it, you can see the color if you shed light through it.

Oh? Like air is blue?

Al Klein

methane gas is blue.... like natural gas

So, since natural gas is actually colorless, that would make methane
colorless - and you wrong.
You can add color to the gas for safety reasons also

You could add little signs to it too, but no one adds color to natural
gas for safety reasons.

Al Klein

3. jump from 40 thousand feet with no oxygen and no parachute, and live

I think that one has been done. Once, as I recall, by a fighter
pilot. The second time, and I may be off on the altitude, was around
12/23/1960, when 2 airliners collided over Brooklyn, NY, and a young
boy survived.

John Jay Smith

I have some bad news for you. You are stuck with yourself for the rest of
your life.
The good news is that I dont have to put up with you any longer.

Goodby

Bill Turner