I can send e-mails but cannot receive them!!!!

TomT

So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that.
I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground!
When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like
it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through
and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the
prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and
another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!

Gary VanderMolen

If Windows Mail keeps downloading the same group of messages,
that means there is a corrupted message on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there
by date, delete (or move) all the older ones you've already
downloaded, plus one more. Then try Windows Mail again.

If the problem continues, right-click on your error message, copy,
then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting
without the complete error message. The error number by itself is
not very helpful.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"TomT" wrote in message
So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that.
I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground!
When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like
it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through
and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the
prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and
another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!

TomT

Gary
I have never been able to see all of my messages in my inbox via my web
browser ever since I converted from using it to using Windows Mail. So, I
cannot use your fix. Of course, if you help me figure out why I can't even
see all of my messages via my web browser, that would fix two problems at
once! The last time I was able to get Windows Mail to download until it hit
the corrupt message it showed 69 messages in the INBOX so I know there are
plenty there.

Thank you for the help - the error messages is copied below.
TomT

Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Gary VanderMolen

Yes, you can use my fix. It isn't necessary for you to see *all*
of the messages in your webmail (via your web browser). It is
only necessary to see the ones that keep downloading, duplicating
what you already have in Windows Mail.

Why you won't see all of your messages in webmail:
By default, Windows Mail deletes messages from the server after
successfully downloading them. However, all messages staged for
downloading must actually download before it is considered
successful to the point where Windows Mail deletes them from the
server. To change the default in Windows Mail, go to Tools,
Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced,
select "Leave a copy of messages on server." Depending on how
much server space your ISP allows, you may want to select one or
both of the two associated 'remove' options.

"TomT" wrote in message
Gary
I have never been able to see all of my messages in my inbox via my web
browser ever since I converted from using it to using Windows Mail. So, I
cannot use your fix. Of course, if you help me figure out why I can't even
see all of my messages via my web browser, that would fix two problems at
once! The last time I was able to get Windows Mail to download until it hit
the corrupt message it showed 69 messages in the INBOX so I know there are
plenty there.

Thank you for the help - the error messages is copied below.
TomT

Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

TomT

Gary
I went into my web browser [atlanticcbb.net] and totally deleted evry
message in the INBOX. Then I tried importing messages into my Windows Mail
account and got the same error code as shown below. It doesn't even get to
the point wher eit tries to download the corrupted e-mail.
Hang with me buddy!
TomT

TomT

Gary
Now that I can no longer send messages I am getting this error message when
I try to send:

Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Is this of any help?
TomT

"TomT" wrote in message
Gary
I have never been able to see all of my messages in my inbox via my web
browser ever since I converted from using it to using Windows Mail. So, I
cannot use your fix. Of course, if you help me figure out why I can't even
see all of my messages via my web browser, that would fix two problems at
once! The last time I was able to get Windows Mail to download until it hit
the corrupt message it showed 69 messages in the INBOX so I know there are
plenty there.

Thank you for the help - the error messages is copied below.
TomT

Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

.

Gary VanderMolen

That's not a send error, it is a receive error.
To fix that receive error, try this:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

"TomT" wrote in message
Gary
I have never been able to see all of my messages in my inbox via my web
browser ever since I converted from using it to using Windows Mail. So, I
cannot use your fix. Of course, if you help me figure out why I can't even
see all of my messages via my web browser, that would fix two problems at
once! The last time I was able to get Windows Mail to download until it hit
the corrupt message it showed 69 messages in the INBOX so I know there are
plenty there.

Thank you for the help - the error messages is copied below.
TomT

Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

.

TomT

Yikes, Gary! Why would I want to disable scanning e-mails for viruses. That's
one reason I buy Bsecure Internet Protection. I applied your fix and it did
work so that Windows Mail once again attempts to bring in messages. It brings
in 15 of the 69 in the INBOX but then stops there and gives me the error
message:

Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol:,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

just as before. I have opened another e-mail account in the interim and it
is sending and receiving messages jsut fine. But, I'd like to get to those 54
unread messages somehow.

What next?
TomT
P.S. Thank you for your enduring patience.

:

"TomT" wrote in message
So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that.
I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground!
When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like
it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through
and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the
prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and
another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!

.

.

.

Gary VanderMolen

That symptom indicates a 'stuck' email on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there by date,
delete all the older ones you've already downloaded, plus one more.
Then try Windows Mail again.

Bruce already posted the reasons why email scanning in your antivirus
should be turned off.

"TomT" wrote in message
So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that.
I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground!
When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like
it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through
and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the
prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and
another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!

.

.

.

TomT

Gary
I still have the problem that I cannot see any of the 69 e-mails when I go
to the web browser mail account and thus cannot apply your fix. I have
accepted that this is just one of those angry cyber god issues and am willing
to allow him to win this round. I appreciate your eternal patience and
efforts to assist me.

Godspeed

TomT

"TomT" wrote in message
So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that.
I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground!
When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like
it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through
and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the
prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and
another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!

.

.

.

.

Gary VanderMolen

Something is not making sense. If you don't see any of the 69 emails
in your webmail, how can Windows Mail download even 15 of them?
At that point it errors out, which means message #16 is corrupt.
And since the same 15 get downloaded every time, it means Windows
Mail recognizes that the download did not complete and there are
additional messages waiting to be downloaded from the server. All
of this implies that those messages should be visible in webmail.

I'm out of ideas since I've never come across that scenario before.