Hyperterminal

G

I am still having the problem with hyper terminal asking to install a modem
first before it starts. I don't have a modem to install but I added the
unimodem and a genric 28kps modem. That didn't work. Any other ideas?

K

KM

Tim,

Could you please try to set the following registry setting on your freshly deploying runtime:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT],"HYPERTERMINAL"="1" (note, this is HYPERTERMINAL value under classes root key)

Let us know here please it that helps.

G

I added Directx9c and it took care of the problem.

KM said:
Tim,

Could you please try to set the following registry setting on your freshly deploying runtime:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT],"HYPERTERMINAL"="1" (note, this is HYPERTERMINAL value under classes root key)

--
=========
Regards,
KM

K

KM

Hmm.. Not that Hyperterminal is anyhow derectly related to DirectX stack but probably DirectX component brought in some missing
dependencies or, likely, missing registry entries or even some modem drivers. Just guessing here.

In case you case you care about the image size and don't really want to go with the heavy and maybe unnecessary DirectX stack, you
may want to try the reg.entry I mentioned earlier and/or just add "DXMRTP XPSP2" component.

--
=========
Regards,
KM

KM said:
Tim,

--
=========
Regards,
KM

G

i have to do dvd playback anyways

KM said:
Hmm.. Not that Hyperterminal is anyhow derectly related to DirectX stack but probably DirectX component brought in some missing
dependencies or, likely, missing registry entries or even some modem drivers. Just guessing here.

In case you case you care about the image size and don't really want to go with the heavy and maybe unnecessary DirectX stack, you
may want to try the reg.entry I mentioned earlier and/or just add "DXMRTP XPSP2" component.

--
=========
Regards,
KM

KM said:
Tim,

--
=========
Regards,
KM

S

Schockal

I am going to follow KM's suggestion. I had problems with Hyperterm, I didn't
solve it yet. Now I can fix it.

Thanks
SC

Tim Hunter said:
i have to do dvd playback anyways

KM said:

--
=========
Regards,
KM

:

Tim,

--
=========
Regards,
KM

Ask a Question