modem / hyperterminal issue

G

I am using hyperterminal to access the com port on the motherboard and
transfer files to a pc104 device. Everytime I launch hyperterminal it ask to
setup a modem and then gives me the dialog for entering in the area code
....etc. How do I stop this from happening?

T

The Rob

Tim,

I wouldn´t know, but if possible, how about adding a, i.e. Standard 28.800
modem and enter some number?
That should prevent it from happening more than once.
But there is probably some better idea...

BR,
Rob

Z

Zirong Wang

; fake telephony area code rule
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations","LocationListVersion",0x00010001,2
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations","CurrentID",0x00010001,1
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations","NextID",0x00010001,2
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1","AreaCode",0000000000
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1","Country",0x00010001,33
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1","DisableCallWaiting",0000000000
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1","Flags",0x00010001,1
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1","InternationalCarrierCode",0000000000
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1","LongDistanceAccess",0000000000
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1","LongDistanceCarrierCode",0000000000
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1","Name",0000000000,"Flo"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1","OutsideAccess",0000000000
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Locations\Location1\AreaCodeRules"

HTH

Zirong

G

Well it is still asking me, "You may need to install amodem before you can
make a connection. Would you like to do this now?" Any ideas on getting rid
of this message. I installed a 28 kps modem into the image. but because I
don't have a modem in the hardware it didn't care about it.

thanks,

Ask a Question