hyperlink problem

MPSingley

hello,

I am wondering, when using the hyperlink formula, is there a way to
open a file in a folder regardless of the filename extension.

I have file names with these extensions in a folder

000340011.tif
000340012.dgn

I am writing a series of hyperlinks and would just like to use the
general 000340011 number and have it open regardless of the file name
extension.

This is what i am currently using

=HYPERLINK($E$1 & A1 & ".tif","Click to Open")

(A1 in this example is 000340011)

I would like to just drag down the hyperlinks, however, this only
works if the file is a .tif and will not work if the file has a
different extension.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jim Cone

The "List Files" Excel add-in can create a list of files (with hyperlinks)
from a specified folder. Maybe that will be easier for you...
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

<[email protected]>
wrote in message
hello,

I am wondering, when using the hyperlink formula, is there a way to
open a file in a folder regardless of the filename extension.

I have file names with these extensions in a folder

000340011.tif
000340012.dgn

I am writing a series of hyperlinks and would just like to use the
general 000340011 number and have it open regardless of the file name
extension.

This is what i am currently using

=HYPERLINK($E$1 & A1 & ".tif","Click to Open")

(A1 in this example is 000340011)

I would like to just drag down the hyperlinks, however, this only
works if the file is a .tif and will not work if the file has a
different extension.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MPSingley

I dont think this will work because multiple people need to access
this excel sheet and the associated hyperlinks