Hurricane Katia heading for UK

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well after that little flurry yesterday afternoon what's happened? Nothing. Nowt. Zilch. Bugger-all. In fact I've never known it to be less windy here. Tis dark and raining occasionally but that's it.

I suspect Katia may have taken a shine to Paris. Hope so :)
It's gonna be a day late. :)

Sunday 11th September

There is an AMBER ALERT for WIND in force for Northern Ireland and parts of Scotland.

There is a risk of disruption to transport and the possibility of damage to trees and stuctures.

Valid from 0001 until 2359 on Monday 12 September.
:cheers:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, a hurricane after my own heart. I've been late for just about everything all my life. Was late for my birth and will probably be late for my funeral.

Oh well :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Really quite worried about my greenhouse and all my crops inside it, just went out there and tied some stays to the washing line brackets bolted onto the wall for extra support but its not looking good, at least 50mph gusts here now with all the rubbish bags blowing sky high and nearly lifting me off my feet, got quite scared there for a minute!

I think they be serious about this Katia thingy..:(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Starting to get a bit gusty here now as well but not as bad as it is at Mr Legs' gaff.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
@ Crazylegs... I'm sorry to hear the storm is causing you some worries and very much hope your greenhouse will hold firm.

It' has built-up quite a bit down here now, very strong, rough gusts, although according to the weather maps I've seen, the worst is quite a bit north of where we are.

Take care folks. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Getting bad now, has blown three pots over so far and snapped one of three big stems off my Coleus Gay's Delight (don't laugh, it's a plant).

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Well they say animals sense things, tried to take my dog for a walk, but he was having none of it. He has been hiding between the wall and sofa for the last 2 hours. Getting really windy here

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
...and snapped one of three big stems off my Coleus Gay's Delight (don't laugh, it's a plant).

surprised-021.gif
Titter ye not. Oooh no missus.

Reaction score
:DWell here it is windy but nowhere as bad as expected BUT the port of Dover has been closed because the winds around the south coast are above storm force 8, so if any one is using the ferries call Dover Harbour Board and enquire about your sailing.:(

Ask a Question