Hudl 2

Reaction score
Has anyone got a Hudl 2?
And if so what do they think of it?
And good or bad points?

Reaction score
Been using Google to search for reviews on the Hudl2.
And it seems that their are problems with Android KitKat that are restricting using a MicroSD card?
Seems major problems on this but not a solution?
So might look at another make but what to go for?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's a non issue for you, Feckit, 'cos you haven't downloaded anything to your SD card on your Hud ... oh, wait!

:user:

Reaction score
Not bought the Hudl 2 yet so not had a problem!!

I was reseraching the product and it came up in a tesco forum related to the hudl2.
Just interested on what will happen when i buy & try to save to the SD card though.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It doesn't affect media, photos (not that anyone should be taking photos with their tablet!) music etc... :rolleyes:

What changed in Android 4.4 KitKat with SD cards??

It's simple, really. Prior to Android 4.4 KitKat, applications — provided they had permission to access the SD card — could read and write to any area on removable storage, including the system folders like DCIM, Alarms, etc. That has all changed, and now third-party applications — as in ones you download from Google Play or elsewhere — can only write to files and folders that they have created or have taken ownership of.

This keeps things "tidy." Apps aren't dumping files everywhere on the card — something we've all encountered — and instead have one central location to put all their files. There also are some serious security concerns that were addressed by not letting an app write files just anywhere.

This means that Jerry's Awesome Photo Viewer app can still scan your entire system for images, build a thumbnail database of them all and save it to a folder on the SD card. But it can't move or save the pictures themselves to folders — including the Pictures folder — on the SD card because it does not "own" those folders. If programmed right, it could save copies of the pictures to Jerry's Awesome Photo Viewer's own folders on the SD card. The folder is part of the app, and if you uninstall it, the folder goes, too. The old method of putting anything anywhere you want is gone, forever.

Try reading the article before the 'witty' comments..

Reaction score
Try reading the article before the 'witty' comments..
I did read the article!!
And have had a reply from Tesco's about the situation regarding the Hudl2 & SD Cards.

And hope you stop your "witty" comments as well or do we put up with them as your a mod!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
1. THERE IS NO ISSUE!
2. Mod or not, makes no odds.
3. The 'witty comment' comment wasn't just directed at you... ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
same as my comment Fekit ... the 'problem' won't affect you as you are not an existing user.

KitKat 4.4 has more benefits to security of apps than previous version.

:user:

Ask a Question