Windows XP hpqtra08.exe

Reaction score
Hi - not sure if this is right forum, but i often get a error msg when closing down my PC which features the above file name. I am running Windows/XP. Any ideas? - as a process it is autoloading at start-up and seems to vary in size.

Tx

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian ... you are lapsing again.

MSCONFIG is a "diagnostic tool" and really should not be used to "disable" programs from loading ... if the particular program is that intrusive, then un-install the program.

However, if you can "turn off" the suspected program/service using MSCONFIG and your PC then behaves normally, then you now know what it is you need to un-install or disable via a better method.

KevinG, what HP devices do you have?

;)

Reaction score
Hi - I have a combined HP printer / scanner as a wireless network printer - the names under Device Manager is HP 2500 psc. I have also just found i am unable to print from the same PC, although another identifical PC in the house can print. The error msg goes something like 'unable to connect spooler...
Not sure if the two issues are interlinked.
Kevin

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Ian ... you are lapsing again.

I know its not the right method, it will only surpress the error but the problem is still there. You're right though ;) :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
How is the Printer 'connected' ? ... it would be better to use a router as your printer does have an ethernet connection and therefore is a 'networkable' printer.

Check for updated drivers from HP

Reaction score
I have a wireless router that networks 2 PC's and the HP printer. Since my last note I have uninstalled the HP Imaging software, but still cannot print. The error msg also states I have a VPN which might be blocking. Not sure what that means...

Reaction score
KevinG said:
I have a wireless router that networks 2 PC's and the HP printer. Since my last note I have uninstalled the HP Imaging software, but still cannot print. The error msg also states I have a VPN which might be blocking. Not sure what that means...

if ualready dont know

VPN = Virtual Private Network

something to do with ur little network there

Ask a Question