Windows Vista 0xc0000135 error

Reaction score
Can someone please help, I am pulling my hair out on this one.

I am running Vista-64 home premium for a year and a half on an HP pavillon desktop.

I am getting "the pavillon failed to pavillon properly (oxc0000135) click OK to terminate process. Individual errors coming up as:
Lightscribecontrol panel. exe
hpqtra08.exe
kbdstub.exe
reader_sl.exe
hpqsrmon.exe
applesyncnotifier.exe

I get these errors when signing into my user account. Along with the 0xc0000135 I also get this error "Microsoft common language runtime native complier stopped working and was closed"

I have also noticed that none of my Microsoft Office products will open and Itunes will not open. It's like I have lost them, although they do show in the control panel list of installs.

What I have done:
-ran McAfree total system scan - nothing found
-ran spybot search and control - deleted what was found
-bought and ran regdefence can
-tried the repair process through Windows
-uninstalled net framework and reinstalled (did this twice) and still get the same errors after rebooting.
- backed up my computer to one week before all this happened (twice)

This all seems to start after an update to itunes-but I can't be sure. Can anyone help? Please?? Thanks!!

Reaction score
The error should read:
"the applicaiton failed to initialize properly (oxc0000135) click OK to terminate process"

ugg-sorry about that, spell check changed the wording

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. I did run the sfc/scannow process as admin once and no repairs were made at that time, and I will do it again as soon as I get home to do that.
I am not sure what to do next?

If I were to buy the Windows 7 upgrade would it fix this problems or would the errors continue in 7?

Reaction score
I did run the sfc/scannow process again and I got this message:

"windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

I am at a loss of what to do??

Ask a Question