how to set-up my server

Gina Toussaint

From: "Gary VanderMolen" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Saving Emails
Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:55 PM

Which app are you in when you click Save?
It doesn't sound like Windows Mail.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

emerickjr said:
I am having trouble saving emails, when I click save I get a download box,
which shows the the message as "message.dat" file type as "application",
from "webmail.eatel.net". it saves to document folder, when I go to open
the
email I get a message that it cannot be opened because the message is
corrupt. Can anyone help me out. This happens on any type of email I get
even pictures and other emails.
How to set-up windows mail server my provider is gmail.com &yahoo.com or
hotmail.com with the pop3 -smtp server please can someone help.

Dave

Windows Mail cannot access any webmail account. It can only access POP3 and
IMAP accounts. The newer Windows Live Mail can access POP3, IMAP and
Hotmail/Live accounts.

MS recently added POP3 access to Hotmail/Live accounts from most countries.
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/?_c...ogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=amonth=2&ayear=2009

Gmail offers POP3 and IMAP access.
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75725