Nobody answered me!

Roger William Brown

I can't pick up the thread (or whatever the jargon is) because it won't send
a reply. So, I'm sending a new message. I CAN'T SEND!

I don't know about Yahoo. Windows Live OneCare is taking forever to
download here in El Salvador. I don't see how I can send sometimes and not
others. I'm very frustrated as I'm about to make a four day trip to
Guatemala and rely on e-mail for my contacts with my people here as well as
my family in the US.

Today, it not only won't send but I can't even get the green "thermometer"
to start!

inactivity. Subject 'The Road to Citizenship', Account:
'(e-mail address removed)', Server: 'imailhost.worldnet.att.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Roger

Ken

I don't know. But you might call Microsofts toll-free technical support
number at their site. I've had to do that and they can help with EVERYTHING
regarding their software!! Or you might consider repairing, uninstalling and
reinstalling the program.

Gary VanderMolen

Didn't you say earlier you used Trend Micro antivirus?
This latest error message looks like it is caused by interference
from an antivirus. Uninstall your antivirus, then try sending mail again.

Note that in a pinch you can always send via webmail (using your browser).

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Roger William Brown said:
I can't pick up the thread (or whatever the jargon is) because it won't
send
a reply. So, I'm sending a new message. I CAN'T SEND!

I don't know about Yahoo. Windows Live OneCare is taking forever to
download here in El Salvador. I don't see how I can send sometimes and
not
others. I'm very frustrated as I'm about to make a four day trip to
Guatemala and rely on e-mail for my contacts with my people here as well
as
my family in the US.

Today, it not only won't send but I can't even get the green "thermometer"
to start!

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for
inactivity. Subject 'The Road to Citizenship', Account:
'(e-mail address removed)', Server: 'imailhost.worldnet.att.net', Protocol:
SMTP,
Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Roger

Ken

My Norton works fine with my Windows Mail, although it is Vista. Try using
Windows Defender if it's available for your platform. This is a very capable
and often surprisingly good program that's done well for me and seems to
work really well with a lot of other programs. All the best.