How to remove KB911567? (to fix Error 633 modem in use or not properly configured)

Michel Merlin

I have a laptop apparently affected by KB911567 (Error 633 modem
in use or not properly configured, without real reason).

MS says KB911567 can be uninstalled by Add/Remove Programs. But
on the affected PC, KB911567 doesn't show in Add/Remove
Programs.

How do I? TIA,

Paris, Mon 15 May 2006 11:07:10 +0200

Michel Merlin

I forgot to precise (to avoid useless questions) that of course
KB911567 does appear in MUH (Microsoft Update History) on the
affected laptop. And "Error 633: modem ...in use or not properly
configured" did appear recently, a little time after I made the
KB911567 update (which I was able to decline or to uninstall on
other PCs).

Paris, Mon 15 May 2006 11:25:25 +0200