How to prevent wrapping (link) of Internet page ?

My website created in simple html language under Frontpage is currently
linked on another website without permission.
This webmaster uses the technique of "wrapping" to link to my web instead of
using a simple hyperlink (using the wrapping, my pages look like a dump of
my web on his site).

I don't appreciate at all this method as my website is protected by
copyright, logo, text, and images. Then the page are shifted and not
accessible in full page from his site.
I prefer by far that amateurs use a simple hyperlink and get a full screen
access to my site directly.

Is there a javascript or another simple code that could prevent webmasters
of wrapping of my pages ? Any link is welcome.

Thank you.

Ronx

If you mean the other site is using Frames to display your pages, then
(assuming you do not use frames) add the following in the <head> of each
page:

<script type="text/javascript">
if (window != top) top.location.href = http://www.example.com/pagename.htm;
</script>

This will reload the page directly from your site, eliminating all the
frames from the other site.
Replace www.example.com with your domain, and pagename.htm with a page of
your choice.

Brian Mailman

Ronx said:
If you mean the other site is using Frames to display your pages, then
(assuming you do not use frames) add the following in the <head> of each
page:

<script type="text/javascript">
if (window != top) top.location.href = http://www.example.com/pagename.htm;
</script>

This will reload the page directly from your site, eliminating all the
frames from the other site.
Replace www.example.com with your domain, and pagename.htm with a page of
your choice.

What happens if someone has javascript turned off?

Same thing has happened to me, so I'm interested...

B/

Thomas A. Rowe

If you can use Server-side scripting then you can block other domain(s) from accessing your pages.

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
Agents Real Estate Listing Network
http://www.NReal.com

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

Maybe framing, or frapping

| Scraping?
|
| --
| Murray
| --------------
| MVP FrontPage
|

| | > What do you mean by "wrapping""??
| >

| > --
| > Steve Easton
| > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
| > FP Cleaner
| > http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
| > Hit Me FP
| > http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm
| >
| > <Thierry> wrote in message | >> Hi,
| >>
| >> My website created in simple html language under Frontpage is currently
| >> linked on another website without permission.
| >> This webmaster uses the technique of "wrapping" to link to my web
instead
| >> of using a simple hyperlink (using the wrapping, my pages look like a
| >> dump of my web on his site).
| >>
| >> I don't appreciate at all this method as my website is protected by
| >> copyright, logo, text, and images. Then the page are shifted and not
| >> accessible in full page from his site.
| >> I prefer by far that amateurs use a simple hyperlink and get a full
| >> screen access to my site directly.
| >>
| >> Is there a javascript or another simple code that could prevent
| >> webmasters of wrapping of my pages ? Any link is welcome.
| >>
| >> Thank you.

Tom Willett said:
Have you reported this violation to the webmaster's ISP/WPP?

Yes.
No answer yet (lycos) after 48hr, excepted an automatic reply !!
But I convinced the concerned user to remove his page ;-)

Thierry

Steve Easton said:
What do you mean by "wrapping""??
In fact,the concerned user use a page with frames (one at left for his menu,
etc). In this menu there is a choice that link to my webiste. But not the
usual hyperlink.
It is what he calls a "wrapping" of my webisite. In practice, my web appears
in the right frame of his web (but there is not possibility to get it in
full screen, as it is limited th the small windows of his right frame.

As my web is procted by copyright, I request that all users ask me the
permission to use my material or link to, and specially using the wrapping
technique that I don't appreciate at all (set price for this abusive use :
2000 euros)

But a user gave me the solution:
Insert in the header of your page the next script :

<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
<!--
if (top != self)
top.location=self.document.location;
//-->
</SCRIPT>

It will prevent a page from being framed, and if the page is being framed
then it will load the page into the main window and remove all the other
frames.
It is already better than seing it framed or windowed into another webiste.

Thierry

Rob Giordano (Crash) said:
Maybe framing, or frapping

Yes. a kind of framing probably
I don't know what is the correct word because it is a programmer that used
the term "wrapping"
But it can be confused with the "wrapping of text" and the end of a line"
I don't know "frapping", a new word ?

So go for "framing". It is more appropriate.

Thierry

Ronx said:
If you mean the other site is using Frames to display your pages, then
(assuming you do not use frames) add the following in the <head> of each
page:

<script type="text/javascript">
if (window != top) top.location.href =
http://www.example.com/pagename.htm;
</script>

Interesting.
Problem (maybe) I also use frames (to fix my menus on the left side of my
pages and on top). So I don't know if yourscript could work in this
condition.
I have another one to suggest received from a user.

<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
<!--
if (top != self)
top.location=self.document.location;
//-->
</SCRIPT>

Simply place it in the head section of your main page or even all your
pages... it will prevent a page from being framed, and if the page is being
framed then it will load the page into the main window and remove all the
other frames... simpl

Thierry

Thomas A. Rowe said:
If you can use Server-side scripting then you can block other domain(s)
from accessing your pages.

Ok, but doing this, I suppose that you block ALL external (public) access to
your webiste ?
So what is the interest of creating a web that nobody can access ? ;-)

Thierry

Thomas A. Rowe

No, you can block specific domains / IP Addresses using server-side scripting. Your web host can
also block specific IP Addresses, etc.