From: "SK Ho" <[email protected]>
Subject: How to map LPT1 to clients local printer in DOS
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:24:00 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps

Just want to know is it possible to map the LPT1 within a
terminal session to client's local printer?
Say I have a DOS application running and want the output
of LPT1 redirect to my local printer.
--

I don't know of a good way to do this. If the client is on the same LAN as the Terminal Server you could share the printer on
the client and then use "net use" to map LPT1 to the client's printer. Also, you could share the clients redirected printer in

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Thanks. But how to set the client's printer as default
printer inside the terminal session?

Matthew Harris [MVP]

Terminal Services should do this automatically for you.

In your terminal services configuration, there should be
an option to make the default printer the same as the
client's default printer.

-M

Got it. Thanks