How to get removable drive to display in 'Browse for Folder' dialog?

Richard Lewis Haggard

System:
Windows XP SP2
Dell Inspiron

Is there a setting that permits removable drives to show in the standard
Windows 'Browse for Folder' dialog? The drive that is in my laptop's device
bay never shows here and I need it to.

Larry(LJL269)

I never tweaker this but I can tell u that my 2 flash
drives & my USB2 drive show in left pane of WX. Always
have.

So its possable. Guess- Try folder options.

HTH-Larry

|System:
| Windows XP SP2
| Dell Inspiron
|
|Is there a setting that permits removable drives to show in the standard
|Windows 'Browse for Folder' dialog? The drive that is in my laptop's device
|bay never shows here and I need it to.

Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.

David Candy

The programer decides. If it's not shown the programmer decided not to allow shared resources.

Larry(LJL269)

Hi David,

I got lucky & solved problem we worked on ~2 mos ago.
See Subject: 'Hotkey Activates Minimized Window- Solved
(esp 4 David Candy)'
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 00:06:21 GMT

You & I seem to be only ones interested in their
vagarities :) Usefull but sometimes tricky little
devils.

Larry

Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.

David Candy

I saw both posts. I meant to reply. I was also going to see if I could duplicate.