How to fobid vista from waking computer???

K2SUL

I going mental trying to stop vista from waking my PC (Vista Home Ultimate)

I've disable WOL on the NIC.
I've checked every single entry in task scheduler to find & disable which
enable the PC to wake.

I've checked the event logs, but I cant see the culprit responisble for
calling the wakeup. The first entry after waking is dhcp negotiation with
the router.

Does anyone know of a way to positively FORBID vista from waking my PC.
Every morning i go downstairs to find it busily burning electricity, and
giving any would be script kiddies something to aim at.

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
First we need to figure out what is waking the computer up.
Open an elevated CMD prompt (right-click on cmd prompt and choose run as
administrator)
then within that cmd prompt run
Powercfg - lastwake
Report back the results.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|> From: "K2SUL" <[email protected]>
|> Subject: How to fobid vista from waking computer???
|> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:31:44 +0100
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
|>
|> I going mental trying to stop vista from waking my PC (Vista Home
Ultimate)

|> I've disable WOL on the NIC.
|> I've checked every single entry in task scheduler to find & disable
which
|> enable the PC to wake.
|>
|> I've checked the event logs, but I cant see the culprit responisble for
|> calling the wakeup. The first entry after waking is dhcp negotiation
with
|> the router.
|>
|> Does anyone know of a way to positively FORBID vista from waking my PC.
|> Every morning i go downstairs to find it busily burning electricity, and
|> giving any would be script kiddies something to aim at.
|>
|> All help greatly appreciated.
|>
|> Thanks

K2SUL

Thanks for the reply Darrell,

I tried powercfg and played about with a few of the other arguments, but
mainly [devicequery wake_armed], which shows all the devices which have the
ability to wake the PC. I thought I had disabled all the devices already,
but this highlighted 4 otherswith capacity to wake, and one which I had
definitely disabled previously. Somehow it has re-enabled itself.

In any case I've disabled them all, and so far so good.

Is there no GUI for the powercfg command? and will any settings made by
command line, take priority over settings made from control panel etc?

Thanks

Mark Sullivan

ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr.

Down this morning and its on again

powercfg -lastwake

Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0

As per previous post, there are no devices listed using -wake_argument
argument.

This is really driving me mental now, as I thought I had it sussed.

Guess I sti nee that help

Thanks