Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0

powercfg-devicequery wakearmed

no entries

But still this PC is waking up. GGGRRR!

Thanks

Hello,
First we need to figure out what is waking the computer up.
Open an elevated CMD prompt (right-click on cmd prompt and choose run as
administrator)
then within that cmd prompt run
Powercfg - lastwake
Report back the results.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|> From: "K2SUL" <[email protected]>
|> Subject: How to fobid vista from waking computer???
|> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:31:44 +0100
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
|>
|> I going mental trying to stop vista from waking my PC (Vista Home
Ultimate)

|> I've disable WOL on the NIC.
|> I've checked every single entry in task scheduler to find & disable
which
|> enable the PC to wake.
|>
|> I've checked the event logs, but I cant see the culprit responisble for
|> calling the wakeup. The first entry after waking is dhcp negotiation
with
|> the router.
|>
|> Does anyone know of a way to positively FORBID vista from waking my PC.
|> Every morning i go downstairs to find it busily burning electricity, and
|> giving any would be script kiddies something to aim at.
|>
|> All help greatly appreciated.
|>
|> Thanks

Yosemite Sam

Yes, I get the same result from powercfg -lastwake.

I'm a little surprised by your other result:
powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
no entries

You can't wake your computer up with your mouse or keyboard? How do you
wake it up?

Besides powercfg, there's also information in the System Log. Whenever my
computer wakes itself up, the log has an entry that says:

Event ID: 1
The system has resumed from sleep.
Wake Source: Unknown

and just before this entry, it always has an entry that says:

Event ID: 104
The service is publishing to the network.
Source: Resource Publication

But do not know what Resource Publication is, why it has to wake the machine
up, or why it would try to publish something to the network. In any case,
my computer doesn't have an Internet connection when this happens.

Mark Sullivan said:
Darrell,

powercfg -lastwake

Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0

powercfg-devicequery wakearmed

no entries

But still this PC is waking up. GGGRRR!

Thanks

Hello,
First we need to figure out what is waking the computer up.
Open an elevated CMD prompt (right-click on cmd prompt and choose run as
administrator)
then within that cmd prompt run
Powercfg - lastwake
Report back the results.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|> From: "K2SUL" <[email protected]>
|> Subject: How to fobid vista from waking computer???
|> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:31:44 +0100
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
|>
|> I going mental trying to stop vista from waking my PC (Vista Home
Ultimate)

|> I've disable WOL on the NIC.
|> I've checked every single entry in task scheduler to find & disable
which
|> enable the PC to wake.
|>
|> I've checked the event logs, but I cant see the culprit responisble for
|> calling the wakeup. The first entry after waking is dhcp negotiation
with
|> the router.
|>
|> Does anyone know of a way to positively FORBID vista from waking my PC.
|> Every morning i go downstairs to find it busily burning electricity,
and
|> giving any would be script kiddies something to aim at.
|>
|> All help greatly appreciated.
|>
|> Thanks

Mark Sullivan

"You can't wake your computer up with your mouse or keyboard? How do you
wake it up?"

I disabled every single device to try and eliminate all sources of waking.
I simply press the power button on the case which is about 20" away from the
keyboard, so it's not really a problem.

There must be some other process which can wake the computer up.

Thanks

Mark Sullivan said:
Darrell,

powercfg -lastwake

Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0

powercfg-devicequery wakearmed

no entries

But still this PC is waking up. GGGRRR!

Thanks

Hello,
First we need to figure out what is waking the computer up.
Open an elevated CMD prompt (right-click on cmd prompt and choose run as
administrator)
then within that cmd prompt run
Powercfg - lastwake
Report back the results.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

rights
--------------------
|> From: "K2SUL" <[email protected]>
|> Subject: How to fobid vista from waking computer???
|> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:31:44 +0100
|> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
|>
|> I going mental trying to stop vista from waking my PC (Vista Home
Ultimate)

|> I've disable WOL on the NIC.
|> I've checked every single entry in task scheduler to find & disable
which
|> enable the PC to wake.
|>
|> I've checked the event logs, but I cant see the culprit responisble
for
|> calling the wakeup. The first entry after waking is dhcp negotiation
with
|> the router.
|>
|> Does anyone know of a way to positively FORBID vista from waking my
PC.
|> Every morning i go downstairs to find it busily burning electricity,
and
|> giving any would be script kiddies something to aim at.
|>
|> All help greatly appreciated.
|>
|> Thanks

Yosemite Sam

You can disable "Function Discovery Resource Publication" in System
Configuration (in Administrative Tools), in the Services tab.