Mouse wakes computer from deep sleep?

John Doe

In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the computer. I thought that was a great solution.
Unfortunately, using Windows 81, the mouse just woke the computer
from deep sleep anyway. I immediately checked the mouse setting
"Allow this device to wake the computer" and it was in fact
unchecked. So how do you accomplish that?

Control Panel > Mouse > Hardware > Properties > Change Settings >
Power Management... didn't work. Does that work for anybody else?

Alias

John said:
In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the computer. I thought that was a great solution.
Unfortunately, using Windows 81, the mouse just woke the computer
from deep sleep anyway. I immediately checked the mouse setting
"Allow this device to wake the computer" and it was in fact
unchecked. So how do you accomplish that?

Control Panel > Mouse > Hardware > Properties > Change Settings >
Power Management... didn't work. Does that work for anybody else?

Turn the mouse upside down.

John Doe

I just double checked. There are two identical settings under Mouse
Properties > Hardware. Now the other setting is unchecked. That one
is the obvious lead. Assume the problem is solved unless I post
again.

Keith Nuttle

But then I'd have to wear tinfoil glasses.

What do you mean from a "Deep Sleep". As far as I know there is a
Sleep Mode (aright click on the desktop MS Icon, shut down & sign out.
Sleep) and Hibernate.

If you turn off the computer. (right click on the desktop MS Icon, shut
down & sign out. Shut down ) the mouse will not wake the computer.

Yousuf Khan

In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the computer. I thought that was a great solution.
Unfortunately, using Windows 81, the mouse just woke the computer
from deep sleep anyway. I immediately checked the mouse setting
"Allow this device to wake the computer" and it was in fact
unchecked. So how do you accomplish that?

Control Panel > Mouse > Hardware > Properties > Change Settings >
Power Management... didn't work. Does that work for anybody else?

See if you have more than one mouse listed in the control panel.

Yousuf Khan

John Doe

regular troll...

Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 08:25:04 -0500
From: Grinder <grinder no.spam.maam.com>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Subject: Re: Mouse wakes computer from deep sleep?

Can't you just pull the edge of your cap down?