How to configure Windows Mail to display all newsgroup posts

abc

Hello,

I subscribed to several newsgroups and retrieved the posts locally. It seems
Windows Mail onlly retrieves part of the newsgroup posts. I cannot seem to
find where I may configure to make it display all the posts which I can see
via Web page. For example, I cannot see posts earlier than August, 2008.

Do you have any idea how to configure that? Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Ice Li

mac

abc said:
Hello,

I subscribed to several newsgroups and retrieved the posts locally. It
seems
Windows Mail onlly retrieves part of the newsgroup posts. I cannot seem to
find where I may configure to make it display all the posts which I can
see
via Web page. For example, I cannot see posts earlier than August, 2008.

Do you have any idea how to configure that? Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Ice Li

Good morning,
Good morning,
Good morning,

No need to post the same thing 3 times :))

It normally takes around 4 minutes for a NNTP post to appear locally.

Newsgroups on the MS server are only retained for 90 days, on some high
volume groups, such as the .general groups, it can be less.

To ensure that you have all available messages go to tools>options>read tab
and remove the check mark from Get ### headers>apply/ok.

Ensure that you have the sync setting for each group set to "all messages".

For postings back to the 80's I search using
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&q=&hl=en

For groups other than MS:
Go here http://www.motzarella.org/ it is a free news server, but you have to
register, and they send you the set up instructions by email, so use a real
address to register, then use a munged address in the account setup process.

mac

abc said:
Hello,

I subscribed to several newsgroups and retrieved the posts locally. It
seems
Windows Mail onlly retrieves part of the newsgroup posts. I cannot seem to
find where I may configure to make it display all the posts which I can
see
via Web page. For example, I cannot see posts earlier than August, 2008.

Do you have any idea how to configure that? Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Ice Li

BTW, also use tools>get headers to get any that may be missing locally.

abc

Thanks a lot, Mac. You've been very helpful. Sorry for the duplicate
messages. You may delete the others. Thank you!

mac

abc said:
Thanks a lot, Mac. You've been very helpful. Sorry for the duplicate
messages. You may delete the others. Thank you!

So are you sorted now then, and happy :)

bigpaps1922hotmail