How to change windows so pop up don't intefere with typing?

G

How to change windows so pop up don't intefere with typing? So I start a program, it takes a while to load, so I open a notepad and start typing, and in the middle of typing the new window pops up on top of my notepad (or other app), intefering with typing. If I want to type the word "lawn" and I type "law", then the other windows pops up, and say it is a dialog box so typing "n" closes the dialog and new window. But even if it isn't a dialog, it's pretty annoying. Thanks.

N

nesredep egrob

How to change windows so pop up don't intefere with typing? So I start a program, it takes a while to load, so I open a notepad and start typing, and in the middle of typing the new window pops up on top of my notepad (or other app), intefering with typing. If I want to type the word "lawn" and I type "law", then the other windows pops up, and say it is a dialog box so typing "n" closes the dialog and new window. But even if it isn't a dialog, it's pretty annoying. Thanks.

Maybe you should be a little more patient and take some time to think
what you are going to type - however usually you will find that
notepad has gone down in the taskbar and can quickly be restored from
there by a single click.

B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp

G

This is what I have to do, but it is not reasonable. In Windows Outlook 2003, they have a feature when you get a new email it pops up in the corner of your screen but does not intefere with your typing, and then it slowly disappears. So it can be done, but maybe not for general new windows and popups at present. Thanks.

B

Bob I

If you invoke a program it will come to the focus when it starts, it's
NOT a pop up it's starting just like you asked it to! If you don't WANT
the program to have the focus then start it Minimized and it will be in
the background. Simply right-click on the Shortcut and set the
properties to start Minimized.

Ask a Question